Your University Struggles as Told by Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Seeing something on a test you never remember learning in class 

Gaining the freshman 15 

Mastering the art of procrastination

Trying to make new friends

Those bright and early, 8am classes

Having to make the tough decisions

Reassuring your mom you’ve eaten and slept in the past week

Trying to relax after a full day of classes

Remembering that assignment that was due two hours ago

Having to walk across campus in the winter

Pizza essentially becomes a food group of its own

Counting down the days until graduation

Emily is a third year student at the University of Guelph studying Environmental Governance and Geographical Information Systems. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of Guelph's Her Campus chapter, which she founded in 2016. She is also an active member of the Environmental Governance Society and a journalist for the Guelph Gryphons. She spends so much time in the ocean she's half mermaid! She loves to scuba dive and surf, and hopes to one day use her degree to create ocean and marine life protection policies. If she's not in the water, she's in the gym. She has a passion for fitness and also plays competitive hockey. Her biggest passion is travel; she's been to over a dozen different countries and even founded her own travel blog where she documents her adventures around the globe. Emily always has a thirst for adventure and never says no to new experiences. Whether its hiking the edge of a mountain or swimming with sharks, she's always ready to tackle adventure head on! Follow Emily around the world: www.airplanesandavocados.com Follow her journey on Instagram: @airplanesandavocados