This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Recently, I decided to start a Tumblr study account, also known as a “ studyblr” account. My friend has her own and mentioned it in conversation, which got me thinking about it. I finally decided to organize myself and get the account going. I know what you’re thinking, doesn’t that seem so last year? I do have to admit I was pretty late on the trend of studyblr accounts, but now that I’m a part of the community it just feels right. 

The idea of a studyblr account may seem pretty self-explanatory-basically, you post about things to do with studying and school. But when it comes to making posts, the possibilities are endless. Some people (like me so far) like to post pictures of their notes or where they’re studying with a bit of information about how their day has been going. Other people like to post tips and advice on how to study best and deal with a school environment. You can even open questions to your followers or make some funny posts. You can be creative and come up with your own ideas, which is one of the reasons I love having a studyblr. 

Even if you don’t have many followers, a studyblr account is still a great outlet to discuss school. People want to seem confident about their schoolwork and sometimes, they don’t talk about their problems or ask for help when they need it. With a studyblr account, you’re surrounded by people who care about the same things that you do. Additionally, this is an environment where you probably don’t know most people and can be anonymous in asking your questions. For me, it’s been very freeing to talk about how drained I’ve been my first week and the mistakes I made in preparing for this semester. 

That’s one of the best parts of being a part of the studyblr community-it’s a judgement-free environment where you can learn from your mistakes and be accountable for your learning. It reminds you to stay on top of school while helping you reflect on what works best for you when studying or completing an assignment. Everyone wants to help you succeed  as well, and you can learn from other people who have similar problems when it comes to school. It’s all about getting better and having an open mindset. 

Finally, and maybe the most important point of all, it’s just fun! I love seeing people interact with my posts and welcome me into the community. Taking pictures of my notes and my favourite study spots on campus has been a really  fun creative experience. People even make friends over studyblr accounts through shared interests. And it’s a place where you can geek out over that one class you just love when your friends may be tired of hearing about it every single day. It’s something that I feel I have ownership over, and I get to have creative control of something when I don’t have a lot of time to start a new project for myself. 

I really recommend creating a studyblr account, it’s been such a fun experience and I enjoy seeing how people work and organize themselves. It’s super helpful  as well, so even if you don’t want to create an account for yourself, I would suggest interacting with some  as well. And you can start with mine! If you have Tumblr, my studyblr account is @coffee-study-coffee  . Happy studying!

Link to my studyblr: https://coffee-study-coffee.tumblr.com 

Emma Biffi is a first year student at the University of Guelph, studying international development. She is a professional ray of sunshine, and a lover of all things groovy and glittery. You are likely to find her somewhere on campus, drinking coffee and ranting about politics and world issues. Someday, Emma wants to work in foreign affairs.
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!