This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

With finals coming up, I wanted to write an article on my new favourite app… GoodNotes 5! I recently bought myself an iPad, and GoodNotes was the first app I downloaded. Although it does cost $10.99, it is so worth it!

First off, it is so easy to organize your content. What I did was create a different folder for each of my courses so everything is easy to access. Within those folders, you can create notebooks, important PDFs, and class powerpoints. Everything is searchable and shareable! It is also super easy to import PDFs or files directly from CourseLink.

You can customize your GoodNotes exactly how you want it! There are so many different notebook covers, colour options, and different writing templates. The only downside is that folders only come in the colour blue, but other than that, everything is customizable.

Annotating PDFs has never been easier! Once you have imported your file, you can write directly on it as well as highlight it. When you use the highlighter, it corrects every stroke into a straight line so you never have to worry about making it perfect. The lasso tool is another great feature. If you want to move your written text around or images around after you have already written or placed them, use the lasso tool! All you have to do is circle around what you want to move and you can replace it onto anywhere on your page.

The search function is amazing!!! When searching through your files and notes, you can look for a word and it will be able to find it in your handwriting. You can also create shortcuts and bookmarks to find your most-used documents or notebooks.

If you are looking for a new note-taking app for finals, GoodNotes 5 is the one!

Emily Gibson

Guelph '21

Emily is The University of Guelph's Chapter Marketing and Publicity Director! She is a fourth-year English major who loves spending her time watching movies, writing, and discovering new places. One day she wants to visit Greece to fulfill her Mamma Mia dreams.
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!