This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

With Spring just around the corner, there is no better time to delve into the trends that we are going to be seeing everywhere the moment the weather gets warmer! Although many of these trends are reoccurring, the fresh ones take on these looks for this upcoming spring and summer will definitely get you counting down the days until the warm weather returns!

1. Sequins

Sequins are fun, flirty and extremely versatile. This season, we are seeing sequins incorporated into just about everything, from shoes to handbags, to accessories and dresses, the list goes on and on. Sequins can be dressed up or down, and always add a little extra glamour to any look.

1. Pastels

Pastels seem to be a reoccurring trend each and every summer, from bubblegum pink to baby blue to the perfect shade of yellow. However, this year, lavender is the color that you are going to be seeing everywhere!

1. Bold Colors

Bold colors are a summer staple. This summer, we are steering away from the bright neons, and gearing towards bold oranges, reds, yellows, blues, pinks, and greens. For the less daring gal, try out a colorful bag, shoes, or jewelry in this summer’s hottest hues.

1. Ruffles

Ruffles and summer are perfectly paired with romance, and this year, there is no exception to this rule. Ruffles are being seen on tops and skirts, and even bathing suits for a special added touch. From the beach to a black tie event, this trend is versatile and can be worn by anyone and everyone!

Although it is always nice to incorporate some of the up and coming trends into your looks, the most important part of an outfit is always your confidence. So, be true to yourself and your personal style, put on a great outfit and get ready to conquer the day!

A Criminal Justice and Public Policy major with a love for writing and fashion!  Instagram: Carlyabrahams 
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!