This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

I spend most of my day with earbuds in, and I know I’m not alone in this. Sure, it might be kind of anti-social, but with midterms around the corner I need as little distraction as possible. Cue the music, literally. I find myself constantly searching for playlists instead of making my own because it’s less time consuming and less hassle. Playlists that are long and preferably instrumental are my go-to’s when I need to study. Here is a quick list of the playlists that will get me through the semester!

All images are from Spotify.com.

1. An obvious start for many people, a classical playlist! 
  2. This one might seem like a cop out with “study” being in the title, but that’s exactly why streaming services curate playlists – for what you need.
  3. For something a bit edgier, this is an impressive deep house playlist that really helps me concentrate.
  4. This playlist is a great blend of music that I am constantly listening to. Soulection is also a Podcast! Covering up-and-coming R&B, some hip-hop, new soul, you name it. 
  5. This playlist is described to be “beyond genre classification,” which I would say is accurate. Instrumental electronic tracks that are interesting to listen to, without being distracting while studying!
  6. Last but not least, Love, Sex & Water is a playlist I listen to even when I’m not studying. For me, it’s the right balance of new and popular hip-hop/R&B, while still being “chill” enough that I can concentrate if it’s playing. 
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!