This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

I’m Australian. We don’t really do Halloween. I dressed up and went trick-or-treating like three times as a child, but that’s because the mums of a bunch of kids agreed to buy some freddo frogs to hand out. Does walking around your neighbourhood going to just your friend’s houses really count? Having never experienced it before, my excitement for Halloween is high. Here’s everything I’m looking forward to.

Movie Marathon

I’m gearing up for a huge movie marathon. I’m currently taking movie recommendations, so please comment some for me. Also looking for the general opinion on whether the first Harry Potter movie is a Halloween or Christmas movie. 

Trick or Treating

Okay so it’s unlikely that I’ll actually do it, but I love that it happens here. I will, however, use Halloween as an excuse to eat all the chocolate and lollies. Or should I say, candy . Which leads me to…

Halloween Foods

Am I going to go grocery shopping and buy absolutely all the Halloween themed food? Probably. I’m talking all the candy. I’ve still yet to find any flavoured Oreos. Where’s my candy corn, pumpkin spice and straight up Halloween flavours? I’ve been lucky to find chocolate cream. I might even go all out and make myself a caramel apple.

Decorations

People actually put pumpkins out. I honestly thought that was a myth. I saw people carving pumpkins the other day. I genuinely thought these things only happened in movies.

Visit A Pumpkin Patch

I know this is more a general fall activity, but pumpkins are obviously very entwined with Halloween. I’ve already done this one, and it was so fun I might just go do it again.

Apple Picking

Again, really just a fall thing. But apple bobbing exists, right? It’s close enough. Though, sorry, I still prefer apple crumble to apple pie. 

Corn Maze

My friends and I almost paid to get into a corn maze, but it was almost sixteen dollars so we decided against it. That being said, it’s still on my list of things to do. How much trouble would I get into for going into one on the side of the road? A lot, right?

Hay Bale Ride 

Preferably a haunted hay bale ride, but I’ll take what I can get. Again, my friends and I almost paid to get into one but it was way too expensive. Plus, I wanted to go at night because I’m that person. 

Haunted House

Honestly, I’m the type of person who would actually love to go to a real haunted house. Unfortunately, none of my friends would go with me and I ’m not going to go by myself so watching Buzzfeed Unsolved will just have to do. 

Dominique is an Australian journalism student currently on exchange at the University of Guelph. She has previously worked as the editor of her Australian university's magazine and as an intern at Style Magazines. She's passionate about clean skincare, books, food and travel. You can find her on Instagram @dominiquetassell or check out her blog at www.dominiquetassell.com
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!