This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

I am not a huge fan of salad. One reason for this is because I do not like lettuce, which for many salads is a primary component. However, I love this recipe by A Beautiful Mess a blog which has recipes, crafts and various décor ideas (they also have a cookbook which is really good). It uses kale instead of lettuce which is great for me and also includes hard boiled eggs which adds that extra bit of protein into the salad. 

Recipe from: https://abeautifulmess.com/2016/06/kale-miso-and-soft-egg-salad.html 

Kale, Miso, and Soft Egg Salad, serves two

For the salad: 4-5 oz. kale 1/4 cup sliced almonds 2-3 soft boiled eggs

For the dressing: 2-3 tablespoons oil (I used olive but you can use any kind) juice from one lemon (approx. 2 tablespoons) 1 cloves of garlic, well minced 1 tablespoon miso (yellow or white) salt + pepper 

For the dressing mix all ingredients in a bowl. To make the salad simply chop up your ingredients and toss them with the dressing in a bowl.

Rachel is a fourth year bio-medical science student at the University of Guelph.
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!