This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Captain Marvel    

Release Date: March 8

Starring: Brie Larson, Jude Law, Samuel L. Jackson, Gemma Chan

Following former fighter pilot Carol Danvers, Captain Marvel shares the origin of one of the Marvel’s most popular superheroines. With abilities including flight, strength, and energy blasts, Carol Danvers must use her powers to help solve the conflict between two alien worlds.

Little Women    

Release Date: December 25

Starring: Meryl Streep, Laura Dern, Saoirse Ronan, Emma Watson, Timothée Chalamet

As someone who loved both the book and the original Little Women movie, I’m very excited to watch the newest film adaptation of Louisa May Alcott’s classic novel. Oscar-nominated director Greta Gerwig directs the newest adaptation of the March Sister’s journey from childhood to adulthood. With an incredible cast and Gerwig directing, Little Women promises to be an adaptation that you won’t want to miss.

Aladdin   

Release Date: May 24

Starring: Will Smith, Naomi Scott, Mena Massoud, Nasim Pedrad, Billy Magnussen

Based on the beloved 1992 Disney film of the same name, Aladdin follows a young man who discovers a magic lamp with adventure soon following. The newest of the popular Disney live-action remakes, Aladdin looks to be as action-packed and visually stunning as its animated predecessor.

Spiderman: Far From Home   

Release Date: July 5

Starring: Tom Holland, Jake Gyllenhaal, Zendaya

In the second installment of the newest Spiderman franchise, Peter Parker travels to Europe for a vacation with his friends. Here, he encounters villain Mysterio (Gyllenhall), who if you’re unfamiliar with, has a costume including a giant crystal ball over his head in the comics. If it’s anything like Spiderman: Homecoming, Far From Home should be packed with action and infused with many comedic moments.

The Goldfinch  

Release Date: October 11

Starring: Nicole Kidman, Ansel Elgort, Sarah Paulson, Luke Wilson, Finn Wolfhard

Based on the Pullitzer Prize-winning novel by Donna Tartt, The Goldfinch follows the life of Theodore Decker (Elgort) after a bombing at the Metropolitan Museum of Art claims his mother’s life, but leaves him alive.

Rachel is a fourth year bio-medical science student at the University of Guelph.
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!