HUBBLE Contacts: First Impressions and are They Worth it?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Hubble contacts were created as a solution to the overpriced competition. With four companies controlling about 95% of the contact lens market it allows for them to over charge for a standard set of contacts.

Hubble offers daily lenses for a low price of $40 CAD monthly. Hubble is a subscription service that delivers lenses right to your door every single month. The great thing about Hubble is that you are able to control your subscription – you can cancel it at any time with no charge, skip the months you don’t need lenses and change your prescription. Hubble offers your first box of contacts for only $4 CAD; you only pay for the shipping. One thing to keep in mind, once you have purchased your free subscription you are automatically scheduled to receive your monthly shipment of contacts. But again, you can cancel at any time and you won’t be charged any further!

So lets recap, you pay only $40 CAD  a month for daily lenses and they get shipped directly to your door so you never have to worry about running out. Sounds pretty perfect to me.

When you receive your box, they come perfectly packaged with care instructions and the lenses packaged in labeled boxes for each eye. See picture below.

My experience with Hubble

When my lenses were delivered I was a little skeptical. Every time I have changed brands my eye doctor has given me trials and has examined my eye to make sure they fit correctly. So when it came time to trying contacts that I ordered online, every bone in my body told me it wasn’t going to work.

I was so wrong.

The first day I wore these lenses, I didn’t even feel like I was wearing contacts. They were perfectly moist all day, they never slipped or felt uncomfortable and I wore them for about 12 hours.

The second day, I fell even more in love with these lenses. It is the closest thing I have come to not wearing contacts. They are unbelievably comfortable and the best part is you can toss them out at the end of the day so say goodbye to solution and contact cases!

Before wearing Hubble contacts I was wearing the Acuvue Oasys with HydraLuxe Daily lenses. They are extremely comfortable and I would consider them to be a very comparable lens. But I do have difficulty from time to time with dry eyes as well as having to readjust them during the day. 

Carly is in fifth year at Univeristy of Guelph studying English and Family and Child Studies. Carly has a passion for writing, travelling and family. When Carly isn't writing for Her Campus or studying you can find her playing guitar, with friends or somewhere around the globe! Follow her on Instagram @carlyholmstead 
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!