Hero Images with HC Branding working from home?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Hero Images with HC Branding working from home?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Christina @wocintechchat via Unsplash
Life > Experiences

How To Stay In Touch With Your Friends While Social Distancing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

I think we can all agree that being stuck inside our houses all day, everyday is starting to drive us a tiny bit crazy. I don’t know about you, but I am sure missing my friends and family and just being able to do the normal activities of everyday life. Keeping in touch with roommates, friends and loved ones can be hard when you can’t physically hang out or see each other. So, I thought I would give you all some ideas to hang out with your friends while we all practice safe social distancing. The more we stay apart, the sooner we can be together. 

Organize a Zoom Call Wine Night 

That’s right. Grab a bottle of your favorite wine, get in some pjs and get all your girls together to drink wine, play games and just catch up. Times like these are stressful on all of us, so spending a little time with friends that make you laugh can make you feel a lot better. 

Plan a Facetime Workout 

In my opinion, one of the hardest parts of this quarantine is trying to keep our bodies moving. I have definitely been choosing Netflix over a workout and have been having zero motivation recently. Try facetiming a family member or a friend and do an at home workout together. It seems simple, but trust me it is much more effective than you may think. Not only will you get more motivation if you set a date and time to workout, but you also have someone with you to cheer you on. So put on those cute workout clothes and get moving! 

Netflix Party

Since we all are already binge watching our favourite TV shows, why not do it with a friend? Netflix party is a Google chrome extension that allows you to watch something on Netflix simultaneously with other people. You also get a group chat right on screen when you watch too! 

Zoom Call Baking Night

I know we all have some bananas that are getting old and are contemplating baking some yummy banana bread. Why not call a friend and bake with them? It can be a fun way to keep in touch with your friends and family plus you get some delicious baked goods out of it all. 

Renee Alkass

Guelph '21

My name is Renee and I go to the University of Guelph! I am a third-year English major with a love for reading, writing, listening to music and cooking!