This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Bubble tea is one of my favourite drinks. However, since quarantine and with the closing of many businesses, I have not bought it in a long time. Instead, I learned how to make my own bubble tea! Below I have included the recipe. All of the ingredients are easy to find online, or you might even already have them at home.

Mango Bubble Tea Ingredients

• 1 cup of green or black tea (brewed)
  • ⅓ cup of instant tapioca pearls (I bought them from Retea – You can find them here!)
  • 1 packet of mango flavour powder (local grocery store, Tnt, Amazon)
  • 1 handful of frozen mangos(add more or less depending on your preference)
  • 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup to sweeten

Instructions

1. First, boil your water for your tea (you can use either the kettle or stove). Next, grab your tea bags (I like to use 2-3) and let them steep while you make your tapioca pearls. For a stronger taste, you can brew your tea the night before and let it sit in the fridge.

2. Next, boil 1½ cups of water on the stove for your pearls.

3. Slowly add your tapioca pearls and stir. Wait until the pearls are floating at the water’s surface and cover the pot. Cook on medium heat for around 2-3 minutes.

4. Turn off the heat and let the pearls simmer for another 2-3 minutes. To test out your pearls, take one out with a spoon and feel it in your hands. It should feel soft. You can adjust the cooking time if you like them more on the firm side or softer (they taste best soft and chewy). Put your boba into your cup of choice.

5. Next pour your brewed tea, mango flavouring powder, and 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup into your blender cup or shaker cup and stir it. If you don’t have a blender, then leave out the frozen fruit and skip step 6.

6. Add your frozen fruit and a handful of ice to the cup. Blend.

7. Pour into your cup and enjoy!!!

Emily Gibson

Guelph '21

Emily is The University of Guelph's Chapter Marketing and Publicity Director! She is a fourth-year English major who loves spending her time watching movies, writing, and discovering new places. One day she wants to visit Greece to fulfill her Mamma Mia dreams.
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!