This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

I love baking, but sometimes it’s hard to find the time to do it, especially during the school year. That is why in recent years, I’ve resorted to finding the simplest recipes to save time and effort. This week, I will be sharing one of my favourite recipes of all time: Mini-Cheesecakes. Note: Recipe yields 14-16 cheesecakes. Prepping and baking will take approximately 1-2 hours.

Ingredients:

Graham Cracker Crust:

–  cup graham cracker crumbs

– 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

– 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar

Cheesecake:

– 2 blocks full-fat cream cheese (softened to room temperature)

– ½ cup granulated sugar

– ½ cup sour cream

– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

– 2 large eggs (I know my picture only has 1 egg, but make sure you put in 2 for this recipe!).

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a 12-count muffin pan with parchment paper cupcake liners or baking cups.
  2. Make the crust:
  • Combine all of the crust ingredients in a medium bowl and mix.
  • Take one tablespoon of crust mixture and firmly press into the base of each liner.

3. Make the filling:

• Beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar together in a large bowl until smooth and creamy. Using a handheld mixer to beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar is recommended. However, a spoon or fork could work as well (it’ll just take a bit more time and effort).
  • Add the sour cream and vanilla extract, then beat until combined.
  • Add the eggs, then beat until combined.
  • Pour 1 tablespoon of batter into each liner.

4. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until edges are set, and centers are slightly jiggly.

5. Allow cheesecakes to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then chill in fridge for at least 2 hours. These cheesecakes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.

Hope you guys enjoy these delicious mini cheesecakes!

Angel Su

Guelph '20

I'm a third year at the University of Guelph studying biomedical sciences. I love playing the piano/violin, and drinking tea. I also enjoy reading, writing, and colouring during my spare time.
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!