Guelph Business Spotlight: Sunday General Store  

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

As an avid fan of Schitt’s Creek, I was immediately interested when I saw a Rose Apothecary-esque store pop up on my walk downtown. Located near Blooms & Flora, Sunday General Store is a new addition to the vibrant shops of downtown Guelph!  

What they sell 

Sunday General Store sells a variety of products from natural skincare to kitchenware, low waste cleaning products, and clean beauty. The store is very well curated with each product fitting their clean, sleek aesthetic. They have many eco-friendly home goods and beauty options like shampoo bars, dishwashing blocks, detergent sheets.  

Extra tidbits  

In addition to the selling of various beauty and house goodies, Sunday General Store also sells a variety of coffee including lattes and espresso. It’s open 9 AM – 4 PM from Wednesday to Sunday, though these hours may be impacted by the recent lockdown measures. They do have an online shop set up for COVID-19 safe browsing while we are in lockdown.  

Final Impression 

I visited the store with my roommate and we both loved the overall look and product offerings, especially with the focus on eco-friendly homewares and clean beauty. It was a bit pricey for our budgets, but the price likely reflects the high-quality nature of the products. The store is perfect to drop in and visit not only for Schitt’s Creek fans who will feel like they are in a real-life reiteration of Rose Apothecary but for anyone looking for an inviting shop with beautifully selected products.  

Rachel is a fourth year bio-medical science student at the University of Guelph.
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!