Favourite Hot Chocolate Recipes  

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

It’s that time of year again. Time to hide out indoors and create some holiday favourite food and beverages. A personal favourite is hot chocolate. This beverage can be created to your liking and there are so many different variations of it! These are two of my favourite recipes.  

1. Traditional Hot Cocoa  

Ingredients: 

• 1 cup of whole milk  

• ¼ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips 

• ¼ cup of cocoa powder  

• ¼ cup of sugar  

• 1 tsp of instant coffee powder  

• 2 tsp vanilla 

Recipe:  

1. Add the milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil.  

1. Add the chocolate chips, cocoa powder, sugar, coffee, and vanilla into the hot milk and whisk till smooth. (Do this as the milk simmers)  

1. Turn off the stove and pour the drink into a mug. 

1. Serve with marshmallows and enjoy! 

1. Nutella Hot Chocolate  

Ingredients  

• 1 cup of whole milk  

• ½ cup of Nutella  

• 2 tbsp of sugar  

• 1 tbsp vanilla  

Recipe:  

1. Add the milk to a saucepan and bring to a boil.  

1. Bring the milk down to a simmer and add in the Nutella, sugar, and vanilla (you can add in extra chocolate chips to make it even chocolatier!).  

1. Stir till the mixture is well combined and then pour into a mug.  

1. Top with some whipped cream and enjoy! 

Both these recipes are tried and tested! They are also customizable to your liking. If you want a more “chocolatey” flavour, add in some additional chocolate chips. If there is too much chocolate, dilute the mixture with some more milk. 

I hope you get a chance to try and make these at home! They’re super simple and the quantity can be easily increased to serve a whole family.  

Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!