Summer is just around the corner and these are two of my favourite summer drinks (inspired by Starbucks!). They’re easy to make and will help you save some money.
Vanilla Sweet Cream
This is a Starbucks-inspired recipe. Since some of us have lactose sensitivities, the cream can easily be supplemented with coconut or oat milk! This recipe is also a healthier version as it does not use refined sugar syrups.
Coconut milk (80 ml)
Maple syrup (1 tbsp)
Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
1. Brew some coffee and add it to a tall glass filled with ice (to the top!). The large amount of ice will help cool down the hot coffee.
2. In a separate cup, use a milk frother to froth the coconut milk until it becomes thick and creamy in consistency.
3. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract to the milk and keep frothing.
4. Pour the milk over the brewed coffee and enjoy!
Traditional lemonade is always a go-to for me in the summer, but spicing it up by adding berries can really turn this classic drink into something fancy and unique! Changing up the quantities of each ingredient is also recommended to create your desired flavour.
2 cups of water
½ cup to 1 cup sugar
4 mint leaves
½ cup Strawberries, raspberries or blueberries
1. In a tall jar add the sliced lemons, sugar and berries of your choice. Use a potato masher or fork to crush all the ingredients together and create a slurry. This allows all the juices to be released and meld together.
2. Pour in the water and add the mint leaves to the mixture.
3. Chill this drink in the fridge for an hour for the flavours to develop.
4. Once the drink is set, pour it over some ice and enjoy!
I hope you give these quick and easy recipes a try. They’re some of my favourites to enjoy on a hot summer afternoon and do not take much effort to make!