Style > Beauty

Dry Skin? These Products Are Here to Save the Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

I don’t know about everyone else, but every winter, the dry cold air takes a toll on my skin. I am not just talking about dry, flaky patches forming, but acne coming out from who-knows-where, and extreme discoloration. Luckily, I have found a few products this season that have really helped my skin! Check out the list below, featuring moisturizers, exfoliators, face washes, toners, and acne creams, to see my favourite dry-skin rescuers for this season so you can tackle this snow with a fresh glow!

Face Wash

Clinique “City-Block” purifying charcoal cleansing gel

The hype this season is all about charcoal, so I decided to start with a cleansing gel, and girl, it changed my face. The active charcoal ingredients in the wash are designed to rinse deeply into pores to remove pollution build-up from the city air. Best used in the morning and at night, it leaves your skin feeling deeply cleansed and soft.

Source

Purity: Made Simple cleanser

This is a super lightweight cleanser that aims to brighten your skin while at the same time washing away excess makeup. I love the smell of this cleanser with its foamy consistency and the way it leaves my skin after rinsing it off.

Source

Toner

Clinique Facial Clarifying Lotion Toner

I had never been into using toners because I didn’t understand what a toner was meant to do, or if it would really work. A good friend recommended this toner to me, and since the day I have started it, I kid you not – my pores have gotten smaller and my acne production has decreased. This toner collects excess dirt from your skin that was previously not washed off with the cleanser, so it gives you that extra deep cleanse!

Source

Moisturizer

Laneige Water Bank Cream

If you want a face cream that literally feels like you’re soaking your face in a nice big tub of water, then purchase this cream. It is super lightweight, yet helps your face feel insanely hydrated. I love the smell of this cream, as it smells really clean and fresh. It has helped me with my dry patches and I love the way it sits under my makeup.

Source

Exfoliator

St. Ive’s Apricot Facial Scrub

This exfoliator works extremely well and is cost-effective! The scrub smells like fresh apricots and seriously gets the job done. I recommend using this once a week in the night time and feel free to really scrub it into your skin; you’ll notice a difference right away!

Source

Acne Cream

Kate Sommerville: Eradi-Kate Acne Treatment

Dip a q-tip into this cream and lightly dab it on the spots needed on your face. This cream has worked better than any cream I have ever tried. Seriously. I apply it to my acne, and the next day, the size has dramatically decreased. Highly recommended!

Source

Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!