This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

The University of Guelph campus is naturally one of the best places to study. Whether you’re into quiet studying or group studying, the multiple study spots on campus give you many options to choose from. However, if you’re like me and need a change of environment every now and then, below are 5 great off-campus places to study. 

1. Planet Bean Café 

This is one of my favourite places to study in downtown Guelph! The environment is laid-back, with comfy chairs and big tables. 

2. Indigo & Starbucks  

Love the smell of fresh coffee and new books? Indigo is the place to go! 

3. Guelph Public Library 

Located in the heart of downtown Guelph, the Guelph Public Library provides a nice and comfy environment for some good quiet studying. 

4. Red Brick Café 

This is one of the most popular places to study in Guelph. The noise level isn’t too loud, with a good mix of music and background noise. 

5. Balzac’s  

Balzac’s a European style café located in downtown Guelph. It is well-lit and spacious, perfect for studying on a Sunday morning!  

Angel Su

Guelph '20

I'm a third year at the University of Guelph studying biomedical sciences. I love playing the piano/violin, and drinking tea. I also enjoy reading, writing, and colouring during my spare time.
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!