This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Fall or autumn, whatever you call it, is the best season ever. At least in my opinion. The warm toned leaves against the cool crisp breeze; it’s the perfect combo. However, I do believe there are a few fall essentials all girls must have to achieve that full fall experience. Here are my personal favourites! 

1. Trench Coat – This coat goes really well with a pair of boots. They can also come in various colours. Opt for ones in the beige family or a darker green shade. These colours pair well with most autumn wear. The best part is, that the material can be super thin, which works out great when layering underneath with a warm sweater or scarf. 

Photo Credit: Classic Trench Coat Gap Women

2. Pumpkin Spice Body Mist – Scent can be associated with various memories and experiences. Having a scent to signify fall can act as a great accessory for your look! My personal favourite is this Body Mist from Bath & Body Works. 

Photo Credit: Shefinds.com 

3. Motivational Mugs – On a cold day, having a hot drink can impact how you feel. Having a special mug to drink out of with a motivational quote can really kick start your morning. Portable mugs are even better and can be carried around on a busy day. 

4. Warm Knitted Blanket – Keeping a bright coloured blanket on the couch can really come in handy on those tiring days. There are also many different materials and colours out there to buy! The knitted blankets are my favourite and can also be made at home as a DIY. Not only do they look great to decorate your place for fall, but they’re also warm. 

Photo Credit: Etsy

5. Large Handbag – Being a student, I carry a good amount of things from class to class. Mainly a few notebooks, pens and my laptop. However, it can be tiring to carry a giant backpack when there isn’t enough to put in there. Carrying a handbag that’s large enough just to fit essential items in is a great idea. Not only can it complete an autumn outfit, but can also alleviate back problems, since you have to pick and choose what to bring to class each day. 

Photo Credit: Chloe Ward

I’m sure there are many more fall essentials I could have added to this list, but these are my personal go-to’s for everyday!

Ara Kirtikar

Guelph '21

Living life to the fullest <3
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!