ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Affordable Gift Ideas for This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

Everyone knows the holidays can be very stressful and gifts can be pricey,   especially for University students who have to budget their money! I have put together a list of affordable but meaningful Christmas gifts. Hopefully, this will help take off some of the Holiday stress and give you some ideas if you are stuck on what to get your friends.

All Gift Ideas are $20 and under!

1.   A David’s Teabox, currently on sale for $16.80 you get 12 of their most popular teas!

2. The “Sweet Christmas” bath bomb set from Lush. This is a festive and sweet-smelling set perfect for a candlelit bath for $15.95.

3. This super cute make your own neon effect sign from Urban Outfitters. You can create your own neon sign with easily bendable wire. Comes in Orange, Pink, and Blue for $20.

4. Also from Urban Outfitters a Mini Waffle Maker. Perfect for that friend that loves to cook! It’s super easy to use and portable. It Comes in Lavender, Coral, and Floral. Currently on sale for $18!

5. Essential Oil Diffuser with remote control. This is diffuser has many cool features including 7 different colours, a night lamp option, and comes with control so you don’t have to get out of bed to change the settings! Get it on Amazon for only $18.69.

Lastly, Marshalls is always a great store to go to for the last minute and cheap gifts. If you are still struggling to find presents for your friends try and go to your local Marshalls. They have everything from baking sets, makeup sets, cute mugs, sweet treats, and stationary. The dollar store is a good place to go for cheap wrapping, paper, gift bags, and cards!

Emily Gibson

Guelph '21

Emily is The University of Guelph's Chapter Marketing and Publicity Director! She is a fourth-year English major who loves spending her time watching movies, writing, and discovering new places. One day she wants to visit Greece to fulfill her Mamma Mia dreams.
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!