This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Guelph chapter.

I am sure I’m not the only one who has fully intended on having a super prodcutive day and ended up wasting it doing pointless things… 

Check out my 5 favourite ways to procrastinate during this exam season: 

1. Binge watching my favourite Netflix show

Currently my favourite show is Shameless and I not-so-shamelessly watch it way too often when I should be studying. 

2. Eating way too much food… 

And usually not even healthy food, just anything you can get your hands on to satisfy the boredom 

3. Cleaning

Usually when I should be studying I end up doing a full on clean and organization session of my room or kitchen 

4. Online shopping 

Then I end up waiting patiently and tracking the order until the day it comes, this really ends up being a multi-day procrastination because I am just so excited to get mail 

5. Tagging my friends in memes 

Its so obvious when I am distracted, my friends phones will be blowing up saying “Carly Holmstead has mentioned you in a comment”… 

Carly is in fifth year at Univeristy of Guelph studying English and Family and Child Studies. Carly has a passion for writing, travelling and family. When Carly isn't writing for Her Campus or studying you can find her playing guitar, with friends or somewhere around the globe! Follow her on Instagram @carlyholmstead 
Guelph Contributor Account for writers at the University of Guelph!