Wise Guy Apparel comes to Georgia State

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Starting your own business can be very challenging for anyone, but when you are twenty and in college, it can be more difficult. However that was a challenge that Terohn Hyatt was willing to take. Terohn Hyatt is the owner and designer of Wise Guy Apparel.

Juggling school and work was a big problem for Hyatt while starting his clothing line. He often found himself skipping out on class in order to give designing clothes more of his time. Another problem he had was his age. Often times he saw this as a hindrance because some people who are older and accomplished can have a hard time listening to someone younger and less knowledgeable.

Before going to study at Drexel University, Hyatt grew up in Atlanta with his mother and brother. Being in Atlanta allowed him to see streetwear evolve and has caused a lot of his designs to be Atlanta-inspired. His line has pieces such as a jersey, hoodies, tee shirts, joggers, shorts, and hats.

“This clothing line is everything to me. It is for people who grew up like myself. Not only do I want to provide an outlet for people through the clothes, I want them to feel a level of comfort that is not easy to attain. That’s why we are going to different places like Atlanta, Philadelphia, and New Jersey,” Hyatt said.

Hyatt says as a result of relocation, his experiences in both Georgia and New Jersey has made him wiser as a result.

Although Wise Guy debuted in New York City in Apr. 2014, this fashion show is Hyatt’s chance to show Atlanta what Wise Guy is about. It will be held at Georgia State University during Atlanta Fashion Week on Oct. 21.

“The term PWG is an acronym for Project Wise Guy, which is a series of events that will begin that night in Atlanta, Georgia, and end in 2017,” Hyatt said. “We’re opening up for the first time in Georgia, so we hope that it opens a new market to our fashion.”

This series of events will include fashion shows and photo shoots in other cities that are growing in the fashion business as well. Throughout the project, he wants to gain exposure and earn respect from fashion designers, fashion bloggers, and artists who will support his brand. It will consist of live performances by Chris Keyes, Bivo Lotti, 2 Live, and Scott Varsity.

To support the young mogul, purchase tickets online or at the door.VIP and general admissions tickets are offered on the website for a discounted rate prior to the event. Check out his website and become a part of the brand that never sleeps.

Asia Brown is a Junior at Georgia State University who has a true passion experiencing life. Her major is Journalism and her minor is Film and Video. In her spare time, Asia enjoys playing tennis, feeding the homeless, watching sports and traveling. Be sure to follow her on Twitter and Instagram, @asialashe_ for all her other cool interest.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus