This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

It’s that time of year again. Your family flying into town, holiday shopping, meeting your bae’s family for the first time, and all of that anticipated rest wrapped up in a vacation that we get from our college classes. However, when those good things come to an end, we are faced with the one thing we wish did not have to happen and that is final exams.

Final exams alone can stress out the most determined student, even when you think that you have that study plan all together. Study guides, annotated notes, flashcards and chapter readings? What’s a girl to do? Well if anything you do during finals, change your environment. Get out of that apartment, throw on your favorite sweats, grab your bag and make your way to some of Atlanta’s best spots to get your study on!

1. Ebrik Coffee Room

If you love coffee and an atmosphere that makes you feel welcomed and right at home, try Ebrik. What’s even better about this coffee house is that it is right at GSU’s campus! This business offers not only amazing coffee, but beautiful decor and posters celebrating the surrounding community. Whenever you get tired of trying to find a free table at the library, walk down the street to Ebrik and see what it is that you are missing.

Ebrik Coffee Room: 16 Park Pl SE, Atlanta, GA 30303

2. Honey Bubble

This one is for all of my tea lovers! If you love spaces with a wide open industrial design, then Honey Bubble is perfect for you. The quiet yet modern space offers not only an array of bubble teas, but a variety of desserts to keep your sweet tooth quiet while you study for finals.

Honey Bubble: 798 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30306

3. Sip the Experience

This is another coffee house favorite. Sip the Experience or Sip for short is located about 15 minutes away from GSU’s campus and easily accessible via MARTA . This is another location that is not only cozy, but is surrounded by lush greenery and is furnished with unique interior pieces and crisp windows treatments. I am sure that Sip is bound to motivate you to get through the finals blues.

Sip the Experience: 528 Main St NE, Atlanta, GA 30324

4. Dream Cafe

Located in the historic Castleberry Hills, Dream Cafe is one place that you do not want to miss out on. If you are trying to get some studying done (before their open mic sessions), this shop comes highly recommended. Much like the other shops listed, it has a rustic industrial vibe that literally pulls you in. The staff if just as wonderful as the interior and you can always count on grabbing a fresh cup of iced coffee or a wheatgrass shot before opening your books.

Dream Cafe: 249 Peters St SW, Atlanta, GA 30313

5. Old Fourth Ward Park

If the smell of coffee is not appealing to you or if you have been to one too many coffee spots already, I’ve got you covered. Visit a public park, per my recommendation try Old Fourth Ward Park! The newly renovated space literally goes for achers. Located right across the street from Ponce City Market, you have unlimited space so that you and your friends can really zero in on that study guide. The best part about this? You can bring your own food!

Old Fourth Ward Park: 680 Dallas St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308

6. The Dancing Goats Coffee Bar

Right across the street from Old Fourth Ward Park is Ponce City Market, in which lies The Dancing Goats Coffee Bar. New to this location, Dancing Goats is probably one of the most modern and interesting study spots yet. Its tall ceilings and wide open spaces make room for creativity while unintentionally enjoying the scene of Atlanta.

The Dancing Goats Coffee Bar: 419 W Ponce de Leon Ave, Decatur, GA 30030

So if you ever find yourself getting bored with studying in your dorm or if you and your study group are just looking for a change of scenery, try out some of these places! Seriously, venture out and change where you study because this change of location just might motivate you to really get into those books and come out on top during final exams.

Cydney Maria (Rhines) is a creative writer, journalist and photographer located in Atlanta, Ga. She is currently a student at Georgia State University studying journalism and english. She coins her brand as something curated beautifully for those who may not feel that beauty. Her main focus is mental health, social issues, digital design and of course the beauty of black girl magic. Her main goal is to constantly write creative content that fills a need. She is currently published accross multiple platforms and looks to continue her current level of work after she graduates from GSU. Check this creative out!
The GSU chapter of Her Campus