What’s New: Kat Von D’s Pastel Goth Palette Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Kat Von D is no stranger in the beauty world. She comes out with new and different eye shadow palettes constantly, and no two of her palettes are alike. What is really impressive about Kat Von D’s eye shadows are her matte shades. So with her recent launch of the Pastel Goth palette, full of colorful matte shades, makeup junkies everywhere exploded with joy.

I’m going to give a first hand review of what I thought of the palette, since I’ve been using it for almost a month now. Let me tell you, my review will be glowing. Ever since my UD electric palette purchase, I’ve been more into colorful shades. Every one of my eye looks has a theme; you will never see me with a “natural” eye look. So, if you are like me, or you just want to step out of your comfort zone, the Pastel Goth palette will be your best friend.

The matte and subtleness of the colors in this palette make it just bold enough, but not too bold. Of course, you can build up the colors to make it as bold as you please. The shadows in this palette are supposed to mock pastels as a medium. This is important to note, since there has been a lot of controversy about the palette name, and the colors in the palette not accurately representing the pastel goth culture. When you start using the shadows, you quickly realize the shadows mimic the pastel crayons you might’ve used in art classes.

The shadows are so buttery; don’t over blend, because you may blend away the shadows. The looks you can create with this palette will be so unique and soft, it’ll be perfect for spring coming up. You can make sunset eyes, or a darker more grunge-y look, this palette allows for all kinds of looks. The shadows are so highly pigmented, but they all go together. Every color can be paired with each other, and it will look amazing. That’s what I love most about this palette: the versatility is incredible.

The palette is one of the best I’ve used, I have loved and gotten compliments on every eye look I have created. Despite the risk of over blending, you can get a seamless blend without much effort, which is a pro in all of Kat Von D’s eye shadows. This palette will make you fall in love with colors, and every eye look you create. The buttery shadows and the intensely pigmented but soft colors in the palette make it one of the best and most unique out there on the market right now. So go ahead and pick it up, you won’t regret it!

The GSU chapter of Her Campus