This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Winter is definitely among us and each day it gets harder and harder to wake up and brace the cold. Don’t let this cold weather be an excuse to not look your best for the holidays. Here are a few festive styles to try to spice up your look this winter.

Hair Color

Source

The gray wintry landscape around you may be dull but your hair definitely doesn’t have to be. The winter time is a perfect opportunity to try a new color. Deep burgundies, rich plums, and a warm blonde scream the season and can look great on just about everyone!

Hair styles

Source

Braids, Braids, Braids! From box braids to French braids to milkmaid braids, braids are your winter hair best friend. Leaving the house with wet hair just isn’t an option anymore. These styles can endure hat hair, last a few days and are super versatile for all hair types.

Lips

Source

A red lip is always an iconic holiday staple. Whether it’s a bright cherry or a sultry wine is it really winter if your don’t wear your favorite red lip? If you’re still looking for a go to red lip try out Mac’s Ruby Woo, Kat Von D’s Underage Red and Kevyn Acoin’s Bloodroses are a great place to start swatching.

Eyeshadow

Source

Nothings a better pair for the holidays than a red lip and a glittery lid. Smooth smokey eyes can instantly become a holiday classic with a pop of red, glitter, or both! Anastasia Beverly Hill’s Modern Renaissance and Morphe’s 24G Grand Glam eyeshadow palettes are just what you need create the perfect holiday look.

Skin

Source

The harsh dry air can be excruciating for all skin types. Create the perfect base for your foundation with a hydrating primer such as Kat Von D’s Lock-it, Laura Mercier’s Hydrating Foundation primer, or the Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer.

Kristen Kelly is a freshman at Georgia State University. She is currently seeking a Journalism major so that she can share her love of communication with the world. Her love of communication flourished her senior year of high school when Kristen was the editor in chief of her schools yearbook. People, pictures and stories, everything she loved in one place.When she's not writing you can likely find her watching a film to check off her list or editing her music playlists.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus