Style > Beauty

Valentine’s Day Slay: Make Up Looks to Keep Bae-Watching

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Now we all love a good make up look, but when it comes to Valentine’s Day, there is something extra special about getting dressed up to look the part. But once you’re all dressed, what about your face? A sweet beat can complete any look but of course, there are so many options! You have your variations of reds, pretty purples, pinks and sometimes a glitter or smokey eye if you are really going all out.

Don’t know where to start? Too many brush names and numbers? Not sure if the eye lid primer actually makes a difference? Well look no further, below is a compiled list of three different looks that you can do to get that perfect slay.

Sweet and Smokey

Youtuber Roxette Arisa completely nailed this smokey look by using warm undertones to her advantage because let’s be honest, a fully smoked out eye look is not always wearable even on special occasions. The key here is to play up on what works for you. A general tip to many smokey eye looks is that using deep and warm browns versus a black shadow head on will create a flawless transition between the crease and lid colors. Sometimes adding in a faint purple or lilac color can enhance this look and overall give it some depth. Do you want to see how she accomplished her overall look? Check out her YouTube channel here.

Pretty in Purple

If you’re looking for a slight slay with a pop of color, Rose Kimberly’s 2015 Spring look is still transcending our Pinterest and Instagram timelines just in time for Valentine’s Day. Whether you are going out on a date with your boo or having a Galentine’s Day function with your girls, this easy to do look will make people wonder how long it took and how can they get the deets. This purple eye look only entails a few basic items such as a purple shadow that compliments you, a secondary purple shadow that is easy to blend as a transition color, liquid black eyeliner and a glitter liner. After that, you’re ready and set to go! Check our Rose’s look here!

A Pop of Pink

Now this may be the most advanced look of them all, requiring a lot of patience and of course colors. This bold look created by youtuber Angela Guzman gives not only an amazing popping pink but a negative space heart. How cool is that? For my super artistic beauties, this one is definitely for you. Imagine how great this look will be with the right lashes and a metallic lip! Breathtaking right? To see the full tutorial, visit her YouTube channel here.

Do you feel inspired to try any of these looks yet? If so, let us know what you did or if you did something of your own via our Instagram page @hercampusgsu. No matter if you are single, kicking it with your girls or awaiting an surprise from your significant other, we truly wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day full of love!

**All images courtesy of Rose Kimberly, Angela Guzman and Roxette Arisa YouTube creative spaces**

Cydney Maria (Rhines) is a creative writer, journalist and photographer located in Atlanta, Ga. She is currently a student at Georgia State University studying journalism and english. She coins her brand as something curated beautifully for those who may not feel that beauty. Her main focus is mental health, social issues, digital design and of course the beauty of black girl magic. Her main goal is to constantly write creative content that fills a need. She is currently published accross multiple platforms and looks to continue her current level of work after she graduates from GSU. Check this creative out!
The GSU chapter of Her Campus