absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Three Smoothie Recipes your Body Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

It’s almost the end of the semester and you know what that means, finals time! During finals, we tend to focus more on studying than what our bodies are craving, which can lead to bigger problems in the future. Smoothies are a delicious and nutritious way for your body to get everything it needs, while staying full for a longer period of time. The best way to learn more about what your body needs and what ingredients are included in your smoothie is to make them yourself. This way, fruit doesn’t go to waste and you’re providing yourself with better health benefits. We all have different issues with our bodies. The most common problems we see in everyday working college girls is the lack of energy we have throughout the day, the need for healthier skin and hair and also the need to cleanse and detox our bodies. This is especially important during the time of finals, where our bodies are even more tired than usual and we need certain things to get us back on track. Because certain vitamins, minerals and fibers appear more frequently in some fruits and sugars than others, it’s important to know what your body is getting when you mix them so you can reap what it will provide.

Here’s three incredible recipes for the body functions needed to provide energy, healthy skin and hair, and a cleansing detox:

Banana, Almond Milk, and Matcha Energizing Smoothie for energy

Ingredients:

2  frozen bananas

1  Cup  romaine lettuce

2  Cups  almond milk

1-2  Teaspoon  matcha powder

1-2  Teaspoon  honey

Directions:

Add all ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.

Mango Strawberry Smoothie for hair and skin

Recipe by Lindsey Johnson (hellonatural.co)

Ingredients:

3 large chard leaves, washed well, tough stems trimmed

1 cup frozen mango

1 cup strawberries

1 cup plain Greek or regular yogurt

¼ cup walnuts

1 Tbsp. flax seed

½-1 cup water

Directions:

Place the ingredients into a high speed blender. Add enough water to chard to puree for easier blending. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to two days.

Avocado Smoothie for body detox

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups apple juice

2 cups spinach or kale (stemmed and chopped)

1 apple (unpeeled, cored, and chopped)

1/2 avocado (chopped)

Directions:

Combine the apple juice, spinach, apple, and avocado in a blender and puree until smooth, about 1 minute, adding water to reach the desired consistency.

As crazy as it may seem, your health is more important than your final grade. Skipping sleep, meals and taking certain medicines to prepare for a final will do more harm than good in the long run. It’s important to study, but it’s more important to make sure your body is getting what it needs. To make it a little easier, these smoothies can help your health stay on track without putting in too much time. We need this time to focus and study, so what better way to do it than to refresh our minds and bodies than with these healthy smoothies? Try them!

**All images courtesy of Pinterest.com**

My name is Mirakle Stillman and I am currently a student at Georgia State University. My major is Journalism with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Film and Video. I am a part of HerCampus GSU where I work as a Public Relations Director as well as writing editorials. I plan on going into the media fields that include broadcast journalism, public relations, and television/radio production. I love chocolate chip cookies, dogs, contemporary hip hop, hair, shopping and laughing for hours at a time! I hope to make my voice heard one day on multiple platforms. XOXO
The GSU chapter of Her Campus