Temitope “Temi” Ibisanmi ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Name: Temitope “Temi” Ibisanmi

Hometown: Snellville, GA

Major: Clinical Health Informatics

Graduation Year: 2017

Relationship Status: Single

Instagram: sneaked_up

Her Campus GSU: Why did you decide to come to Georgia State?

Temitope Ibisanmi: I came to Georgia State on somewhat of an accident (laughter). I followed my long time friend, roommate, and now line brother Tyrone McDuffie to Georgia State University because even though I was well educated as an individual. he had a better grasp on which colleges would be the best to attend and he decided that Georgia State was the best option. I figured that if I came with him I would at least be somewhere with someone I knew and would not have experience college by myself. So I came here and it has by far been the best decision I’ve ever made.

HC: What are you involved in at Georgia State?

TI: I was a participant in the ASA Fashion Show. I am also the Pounce Around Atlanta Director for Spotlight Programming Board. My last event of the semester is fast approaching; it’s Georgia State night at Six Flags. Get your tickets before they sell out!  I am the Director of Programming for Georiga State’s Residental Housing Association. I also have a finals massage event coming up. It will be my last event for the semester. Residents will be able to receive massages, mini manicures and pedicures. It is a really cool event. Be on the lookout. I also advocate for the student body as a Student Ambassor for 1913 Society. I am involved in all of this while also holding an executive board position for the Powerful Pi Alpha chapter of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incoporated. 

HC: How would you describe yourself?

TI: I would describe myself as an easy going. I enjoy getting to know people on a deeper level. I believe the my thinking process grows with each individual I meet so I guess you could say that I have somewhat of a personal goal to get familiar with as many new people as I can.

HC: What is a quote that you live by?

TI: I live by two. ‘Don’t be a statistic” and “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react.” 

HC: What are your favorite things to do?

TI: I really just like to chill and play 2k. If I have a lot of spare time I like to go to gym and cooking new foods. More than anything I like going to new places. I believe that exposure to unfamiliar areas, sights, and sounds helps your mind grow which in turns help you grow and your thinking process mature.

HC: What inspires you?

TI: My little sister. Anytime I accomplish anything in life or within an organization I call her and let her know to show her that if I can do it I know she can go above and beyond and do even more than I can. Whatever she needs, I’m there for her.  I feel like I’m her cheat cheat to life and I want her to be happy and even better individual than I am.

HC: What are your plans once you graduate?

TI: Once I graduate I plan to work for GE Healthcare as a traveling health IT consultant. Therefore for a few years I can travel the world and expand my mind. Eventually I want to settle down and be a regular health IT consultant.

HC: What do you look for in a significant other

TI: I look for a woman who has strong family background. She has to be intelligent and be able to have deep conversation about anything and everything. She has to want to go out and try new things.  Overall I’m very versatile, I really only ask for a few things. I am very adaptable if I feel the chemistry there. 

Triva

Favortie artist? J. Cole

Fav Song? Can I Live? – J. Cole

Fav Song to Stroll To? Cut It

Favorite Restaurant? Fogo De Chao

Fav Study Spot? Unity Plaza on a sunny day 

K. Miche' Thomas is a double major Marketing and Managerial Sciences student at Georgia State University. Upon her anticipated graduation in 2018 she plans to attend law school to pursue her dreams of becoming a Trademark & Patent Attorney. In her extra time she enjoys planning event and spending precious time with friends and family.