This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Surviving Cuffing Season Un-cuffed 101

WIth colder weather comes longer nights, warm drinks and the unusual desire to be in a relationship. Fall semester is coming to a close and we are all looking forward to winter break filled with romance. What if there is no bae to netflix and chill with? Is it time to panic and go bat crazy because you are not cuffed? Should you be on the prowl for future bae so you can officially be cuffed? Simmer down and breathe because there are ways to not only survive, but thrive through cuffing season while un-cuffed.

Be Proud to be Single

Cuffing season lasts during the fall and throughout the winter.  People want to be “cuffed” or tied down in a serious relationship, so they can have someone to cuddle with indoors because it it is cold outside. Don’t feel pressured by the constant reminders of this. Take pride in being single because you are not bound to anyone!  If being single during this seasons makes you feel insecure or inadequate, change your perspective and look at this as an advantage. Grab your girls and go to some awesome parties feeling confident, flirty and fun! Live in the moment with no regrets, no inhibitions and most importantly; not having to worry about why bae doesn’t have your hotline blinging.  Step out of your comfort zone and go talk to that hot guy you see across the room.

Achieve Goals

To ensure you have a beneficial break, do not, i repeat, do not spend your precious time sitting alone thinking about what you would be doing if you were a participant in cuffing season. Don’t seep into sadness because you are single and there is no guy for you to cuddle with. Now you can get passionate about new goals you want to achieve and become inspired to tackle a new project, or apply to that awesome internship you want so bad you can taste it.

Simply do whatever makes you happy!

Do you like going skiing during the winter, are their family traditions you partake in every year around this time? Ice-skating, being ignorant with your friends, eating thanksgiving and christmas food until you’re stuffed, that’s what this season is truly about. Tis the season to be jolly, so be jolly single ladies! You are fierce and ready for your break filled with fun, love and truth. Those who you truly care about will be by your side to enjoy the winter season and break with you.

Don’t be Desperate

People who are desperate to be cuffed should think about the seriousness behind it all. Do you want a man just because it’s merely cuffing season? Shouldn’t you want a relationship so you can build with someone in season and out of of season?  There really are men and women out there who will have a bae in cuffing season and become single in the summer on purpose. These people will make up some lame excuse to break up with you just before Valentine’s Day, all while planning to be single and ready to mingle by the summer. Since you are single, you have dodged a potential bullet, so be proud.

Now get out that heavy blanket and spread it across your bed, go bake cookies with grandma and don’t forget to download those new songs you’ve been wanting on your playlist! Happy un-cuffed season to you!

Trianna Anderson is a current senior and journalism major/English minor at Georgia State University. She previously worked as a News Reporter for Georgia State's student run newspaper, The Signal,and is currently working on an advice blog, which is called Whattrisays.com. Her free time is spent daydreaming about her future, going to poetry slams and practicing guitar. Her dream careers include travel journalism, singing and writing novels. 
The GSU chapter of Her Campus