sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Save The Date: Meet Joya Davies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

In a world where we should behave like “this” and look like “that”, Joya Davies is showing us that your perception does not always match her reality. There is more than meets the eye with her! Find out more about her to see if she’s your perfect match! 

Hometown: Brunswick, GA

Classification/Major: Graduating Senior/ Marketing major

Instagram Handle: davies.joyaa

Favorite Artist: Whitney Houston

Favorite Food: Sushi and Seafood (I cannot pick just one , haha)

Who was your first Valentine: My mommy and daddy

Who’s your celebrity crush: Morris Chestnut, specifically Lance Sullivan on the movie Best Man and Best Man Holiday.

Three Adjectives to Describe You: Strong, Loyal and Goofy.

Dream Vacation Spot: Thin line between Paris and Greece.

Describe your dream Valentine’s Day date: I would want to be greeted with 12 dozen red roses and chocolates. Candle lit dinner with great food, including desert and a nice glass of wine on a nice boat. I would want soft old school music in the background so that we can vibe, laugh and dance to. As we watch the sun and the tide go down.

If you could change one thing in the world what would it be: Racism and Prejudice. Periodt! I would change the mindset of many so that they can not only see but UNDERSTAND why black lives matter, why black is beautiful, why all people matter, why we all want equality, what equality truly mean. And truly live in a world where ALL PEOPLE respects and care for ALL PEOPLE In hope that we see a change.

Save your refund, save your coins, save the date for the 9th Annual Alpha Kappa Psi Date Auction on February 13th! The face value just got pricer!

I am junior at Georgia State University, majoring in Journalism with a concentration in Public Relations and a minoring in Marketing. I hold executive positions in two organizations on campus: Director of Public Relations for EmpowHER and Vice President of Her Campus Georgia State Chapter Outside of school, I am Director of Public Relations/Marketing of AREA, Atlanta's Resource for Entertainment and Arts; along with being a part of the professional performing ensemble at AREA. In my free time, I write for my lifestyle blog, As Told By Tay.