This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Name: Omar Steele

Hometown: Colón, Panama

Year: Sophomore, Class of 2018

Major: Journalism

Relationship Status: Single

Instagram: omeezy_

Twitter: omeezy_

HC: What is your favorite thing about attending GSU?

OS: My favorite thing about attending Georgia State would have to be the diversity and the different kinds of people that I come in contact with everyday. There’s so much diversity and culture here and I feel like you wouldn’t be able to find that at other schools.

HC: What is your lifelong dream?

OS: This may sound cliché but I would honestly love to become famous. I feel like so many people want to be famous for the attention and the money but I honestly just want to do it so I can sit front row at fashion shows, attend all the fashion events and get free clothes.

HC: What makes Omar, Omar?

OS: My personality and my fashion sense make who I am.

HC: Who are you closest friends?

OS: I have a lot people that I consider my friends but my closest friends would have to be Amber Crooks, Victoria Watt and Dominique White. 

HC: Why are you so close to them?

OS: I feel like I’m so close to them because we’ve been through a lot together in the short amount of time that we’ve known each other. They’re always there for me when I need them and vice versa, whether it be through emotional support or motivation we’re always there to pick each other up. Also when we were freshmen we got into some trouble and I feel like that entire incident made us inseparable because it showed us that we needed to have each others backs no matter what.

HC: Who and/or what is your inspiration?

OS: My mom is my biggest inspiration. Growing up she always taught me to work hard, never give up and to always do right unto others even if they don’t do the same for me. I strive to be more like her every day.

HC: What are you passionate about? Why?

OS: My biggest passion would have to be fashion. Growing up style was just something that came natural to me and once I was able to put outfits together and research designers and models, fashion just took over my life. I feel like style and fashion is a way for people to express themselves without having to say anything and I think that’s I why I love it so much.

HC: What do you do in your free time? 

OS: In my free time I like to hangout with my friends, watch fashion shows on YouTube, catch up on fashion news and spend time with my family.

HC: What is your favorite quote? 

OS: “She can beat me, but she cannot beat my outfit” – Rihanna

Fun Facts

Favorite Artist? Rihanna and Kanye West

Favorite Place to Eat? DUA (Vietnamese)

Favorite Study Spot? Fifth floor of the library

Favorite Place to Vacation? Jamaica

K. Miche' Thomas is a double major Marketing and Managerial Sciences student at Georgia State University. Upon her anticipated graduation in 2018 she plans to attend law school to pursue her dreams of becoming a Trademark & Patent Attorney. In her extra time she enjoys planning event and spending precious time with friends and family.