Not Just Another Holiday: Paying Tribute to MLK

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

The world has faced an unbelievable amount of facetious evil doings, malicious crimes, and forgetfulness for human compassion. The Kenya massacre and the Paris attacks caused devastating heart pains on people all around the world– but it’s unclear how we as a whole can stand together against the devastating crimes. Futhermore, specifically in the United States, where the country is facing internal crimes caused by police brutality and an unfair race war, it is not only crucial, but severely crucial that we take this moment in time to commemorate the great MLK and all the righteousness he fought for. As a leader in the Civil Rights Movement in the mid-50s, the trail of memorable quotes and truth he left open for us to take advantage of, are truly phenomenal. Following are the best MLK quotes that might have been forgotten, but still hold value and truth to this world that could save us as a whole. 

…Keep moving forward

Love is contageous, spread it whenever you can.

Find the light inside of you and let it shine through, it’s the easiest way to find harmony with the universe.

Just look around. Someone around the corner is always asking for help and offer it whenever you can.

The words spoken by Martin Luther King moved thousands and thousands of people in this nation– and so it is vital to find that you find that pot of gold inside of you in order to shine your light bright to the universe, celebrate the truth that we all utlimately know. Together, we can pay tribute accordingly by acting in our rightful ways that Dr. King preached until he couldn’t preach anymore.

Zimbabwean-American Journalism major at Georgia State University. Audrey Hepburn and pink enthusiast who's constantly dreaming of Breakfast at Bergdorfs. She lives in Atlanta with New York on her mind.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus