This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

It is hard to find songs that speak directly to our need to express the more dramatic side of our love lives. Luckily for you, I’ve made that process a little easier. Here are my favorite rhythm and blues songs that I think should be added to your music shuffle. I made this playlist for when I’m in my feels and want to feel the artist’s emotion through the music. I hope you enjoy this playlist as much as I do!

“Above and Beyond” x Jhene Aiko

I love the instruments that were used to make this song, Jhene Aiko’s lyrical compassion is shown within this song. This is a great song to listen and sing along to when in the car. While sing along in the car you can hear the bass from the drums and slight sounds of the piano.

“DYING 4 YOUR LOVE” x Snoh Aalegra

This Is the perfect song to pour a glass of wine, and kick your feet up. This jam will get you to feel the love as if you are in the song with Snoh Aalegra. Listen to this song after you have had a long day at work or even school.

“Good Days” x  SZA

“Good Days” By SZA is my personal favorite because of the lyrical crack, SZA’s comforting voice and deliverance is what makes this song so great! When you listen to this song, you feel like you are floating, and there are no worries in the world. Check out the “Hit Different/Good Days” music video to understand that exact feeling!

“Still Your Best” x GIVĒON

The tone and raspiness of GIVEON’s voice is very soulful and original, “Still Your Best” is that song when you are in your feelings about that special someone, and you just need a reminder that you are the one. Going through a rough time within your relationship? Need a small pick me up? This is the song to help you get through that heartbreak.

“Fairytale” x Inayah

Inayah is a fairly new artist on the block. Her single “Fairytale” is her story of when she realized that relationships are not all fairytales. You can hear the pain and anger that she discovered after a boyfriend cheated. I enjoy this song because of her musicality and vocal range as she tells her story.

My range in music shows my love and passion for sounds. This list does not end here, but I wanted to share my all time favorite R&B songs. All of the artists in this list deserve more recognition and appreciation. Check out all of their music on all platforms here’s a link on Apple Music (https://music.apple.com/us/playlist/jeana-walkers-top-5/pl.u-V9D7gppSBRy8qP).

Jeana Walker Georgia State University
The GSU chapter of Her Campus