books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

Motivational Thoughts to Get You Through Final Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Finals week is upon us and yes, it can be stressful, but you have to remain calm and positive. You are probably just focused on how stressed out you are and all the finals you have in one week. You should look at it as a semester down and one step closer to that degree you have been dreaming about.

Below is some motivation to help get you through:

Summer is just around the corner:

Even though finals can be a rigorous time, it’s important to remember that you will get a break soon. There will be time to relax and unwind with no worries or cares.

If you feel the tension building up, think about the summer break coming up.

Think about the warmth of the sun shining down on your face and the possible fun activities you can do with your friends.

The semester is almost over:

Most people feel pressured during finals week because finals are a big part of your final grade and can count more than your actual grade in the class but the semester is almost over! That means no more worrying about if your homework is done the way the teacher wants it. No more thinking about all the assignments and projects you have to turn in at once. No more running around to this and that class trying to make it on time while doing important errands.

Less Stress, Better Score:

You can score higher on your exams if you stress less because your mind will be more focused on what you have studied than the likelihood of not doing well. When you stress you focus on the negative instead of the positive, which can keep you distracted from what is really important which is passing your test, passing the class, ending the semester off strong and having a good school year under your belt so you can enjoy your break. Try to decompress and take breaks, a hot shower, or an hour long nap (but no longer!) to be refreshed and tranquil.

You have a multitude of resources:

With the number of resources, there are at a snap of a finger, you should never let yourself get stressed out. You can ask a friend to help you study. Studying is always more exciting with a partner. You can use flash cards or get a tutor for your finals. You can also use the study guides your teacher gave you and make up your own study guide. There are always study tools to help you get your passing grade on finals.

Good preparation will allow you to do well on your finals but your mental state is also an important factor on test days. Therefore, keep those positive thoughts in mind while you ace those finals.   

*images: http://www.thechicmachine.com/, fanpop.com

The GSU chapter of Her Campus