Meet Our Campus Celebrity: Yann Mondon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Name: Yann Mondon

Age: 20

Hometown: Dallas,Georgia

Classification: Junior

Major:  Marketing 

Relationship Status: Single

Why did you pick GSU?

Yann: I picked GSU not because it has the strongest business program, but because of all the opportunities surrounding the campus. There are great fortune 500 companies right here in the city. Growing up in Dallas, Georgia I didn’t come to Atlanta that much so when I took a tour of campus on a plaza day I knew I wanted to be here and live on campus. I was just amazed, and ever since then I have been hooked on the campus.

What are you involved in on campus?

I am a brother of the Powerful, Powerful, Powerful Pi Alpha chapter of Phi Beta Sigma and the 1913 society.

What is your favorite part of the 1913 Society?

Yann: I love that I am able to be called upon to serve while helping put on illustrious events for the school. I also get to meet great people and network while serving my university. Go State!

Why do you love being a Sigma?

Yann: Being a Sigma has taught me so much not just in my personal life but in every aspect of my life. As a Sigma I have become a better man, student, professional and a harder worker. I have gained a brotherhood into an amazing chapter. It also promotes excellence in everything to the greatest ability and achieves high results. What else could a man ask for?

What is your dream?

Yann: I want to be successful at a very young age and be able to provide double what my parents provided me.

Who is your biggest inspiration / influence on your life?

My older brother is my biggest inspiration / influence. He truly defines perseverance.

Which animal represents you and why?

A turtle represents me because it is patient, calm and takes things slow but when you turn your back it makes a move.

Speed Questions:

Who is your WCW?

Yann: Erykah Badu

What’s your favorite movie?

Rush hour 1,2, & 3

Favorite Color?

Grey

What have you been binge watching?

Underground

The GSU chapter of Her Campus