Meet the Homecoming Candidates: Brandon Cain

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Name: Brandon Cain  

Graduation Date: May 2019  

Area of Study: Public Policy- Concentration Governance & Management  

Homecoming Court Candidacy: Mr. Blue and White.

What or who encouraged you to run for homecoming court?  

The people who encouraged me to run for homecoming court are my friends. The way they encouraged me was by giving me the strength I didn’t think I had to apply because I had no confidence in myself, and I didn’t believe I had the skills necessary to even make it to the royal court.

Why this particular title, what makes it special?  

The reason I picked this title was because I wanted to be a representative of Georgia State University and talk about my experience and show people how great of a school Georgia State is.

On this potential platform (alongside the others you may hold) what do you want to address or bring more attention to?  

One of the potential platforms I would like to bring more attention to are the resources of the school, and the opportunities coming to Georgia State will create.

What is something that you want the student body at GSU to know about you?  

One thing the Student body should know about me is that I am incredibly determined and that I am willing to do almost anything to achieve my goals.

What impact do you want to leave at Georgia State University?  

The impact I want to leave at Georgia State is being someone who is understanding of everyone’s needs and being able to create a positive change for the student body

*speed round*

What is your favorite food? Mac and cheese.

Best movie you have seen in the last year? Spiderman

Who is your best friend? Marcus Johnson

Greatest memory at GSU? Going to my first football game.

One item you could have with you if you were stuck on an island? A plane that had everything I would need to leave the island, and extra supplies just in case I wanted to stay on the island.

**All images courtesy of Brandon Cain**

Cydney Maria (Rhines) is a creative writer, journalist and photographer located in Atlanta, Ga. She is currently a student at Georgia State University studying journalism and english. She coins her brand as something curated beautifully for those who may not feel that beauty. Her main focus is mental health, social issues, digital design and of course the beauty of black girl magic. Her main goal is to constantly write creative content that fills a need. She is currently published accross multiple platforms and looks to continue her current level of work after she graduates from GSU. Check this creative out!