Meet Campus Cutie: G’vanni Whyte ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Name: G’vanni “Gigi” Whyte

Age: 21 years old

Hometown: Marietta, GA (but of Jamaican descent)

Relationship Status: Single

Twitter: @hailprincessG

@Go_AskGigi

Instagram: @badddgalgigi

Blog: askgigi.tumblr.com

What influenced you to start your blog?

My friends have always praised me for giving really good advice, and I’ve always been super interested in how relationships work, and don’t work. Also I’ve always been very articulate, and I love helping people with their problems . . . one day it just came to me! I had to give it a try.

What’s your favorite kind of advice to give?

My favorite advice to give is definitely relationship advice. I think so many things can be avoided if properly handled, and I love to see relationships flourish, and get better!

What do you think of today’s dating culture?

Today’s dating culture is completely twisted. Guys act like girls, and girls act like guys. I’m petty old fashioned, and believe the girl is the prize to be won. I believe in courting, the chase, and all of that.

What catches your attention first about a guy?

Honestly, the first thing is the way he looks at me. You can tell a lot by that.

What qualities would your dream boyfriend have?

My dream boyfriend would have to be very affectionate! I love hugs, kisses, holding hands, etc. He would also have to be understanding (I can be emotional at times). He would also have to be thoughtful. I love a guy that does things “just because” or remembers the little things, and likes to make his girl feel special.

What would be your ideal date?

I don’t really have an ideal date, but I would love to go on a date where a lot of thought was put into it. Perhaps if the guy remembered me saying “I’ve never been here” or “I’ve always wanted to do this”.

What would you wear?

I would wear something ultra-feminine so definitely heels, and either a skirt or a dress. Definitely something sexy lol

What do you like to do for fun?

I love shopping, going out to eat, and spending time with friends.

Would you rather go out in sneakers or heels?

I’d rather go out in heels. I’m super feminine!

What are your other interests?

My other interest is definitely medicine. I’ve been interested in studying medicine for as long as I can remember. It’s just another way to help people and make them feel better, which is definitely a passion of mine. 

What is your favorite song at the moment?

My favorite song at the moment is everybody’s favorite song at the moment, Work by Rihanna.

Sophomore at Georgia State University. Journalism major, Marketing minor. GSU Cheerleader. Editorial and Publicity Team for Her Campus GSU. IG & Twitter: xLexxLove
The GSU chapter of Her Campus