Ladies Who Brunch Atlanta Expands Networking Among Women

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

The “good ol’ boy” networks of the south have been around for ages, and now women are coming together to build and expand the girl networks. DayyBella Jones of Bella Bar Tees and Bianca Rush of Sassy Mitchell Hair  created Ladies Who Brunch: Atlanta (LWBATL), to help solve the issue of a lack of networking amongst women with similar goals and interests.

“We met through a mutual friend at an event. We both felt there were not enough platforms for women to network, so we became business partners, and that’s how Ladies Who Brunch ATL came about”, Jones said.   

This global women’s empowerment movement caters to aspiring and current women entrepreneurs. LWBATL connects with business women over a delicious brunch and offers advice on business branding and much more.

Ladies Who Brunch: Atlanta is currently hosting their first three day conference: The Ladies of Business Conference. The meeting started on Friday, February 5, 2016 and will end on Sunday, February 7, 2016.

LWBATL gave their social media followers an opportunity to choose the key note speakers for The Ladies of Business conference. “We asked our followers who they would like for us to have speak at the conference, and that’s how we chose who the key note speakers would be,” Rush said.

According to Jetmag.com, the key note speakers are as follows: Ming Lee (Founder of SnobLife), Toya Wright (Founder of Garb Boutique), Jasmine Lawrence (Founder of EDEN Body Works), Claire Sulmers (Founder of Fashion Bomb Daily), and Miss Diddy (Brand Strategist).

Rush and Jones are so passionate about women coming together, they funded The Ladies of Business Conference themselves. “We paid for everything out of our pockets,” Rush said.

Rush and Jones both believe in the magic of girl power. “I love seeing women come together. Girl power means rising above the negative energy and believing anything is possible. Believing in yourself and supporting other women is what girl power is all about,” Rush and Jones said interchangeably.

If you want to connect with LWBATL and be a part of this beneficial networking opportunity, follow them on Instagram and twitter for more information.

Trianna Anderson is a current senior and journalism major/English minor at Georgia State University. She previously worked as a News Reporter for Georgia State's student run newspaper, The Signal,and is currently working on an advice blog, which is called Whattrisays.com. Her free time is spent daydreaming about her future, going to poetry slams and practicing guitar. Her dream careers include travel journalism, singing and writing novels. 
The GSU chapter of Her Campus