This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

In recent years, KPOP has become a mainstream staple in US pop culture. With mega talented artists like BTS, Seventeen, and BLACKPINK taking the Billboard charts by storm, it’s not hard to see why.

However, for smaller and lesser known KPOP groups it’s easy to fly under the radar among such renowned groups. So, if you’re in need of some new music or a new group to stan, here are some highly recommended suggestions!

PLT
“Alohomora! Hocus Pocus! Haukua Matata! Hocus Pocus!” PLT is a R&B/ Hip Hop collaboration project consisting of 6 soloists from Planetarium Records. What makes this group so special, is that they each bring something unique to the table. When they are acting as soloists or when they come together to make music, they all get their time to shine. PLT officially debuted January 2, 2018.

Suggested songs: Hocus Pocus, Igoholic and Blah

KARD
KARD is a band that debuted on July 19, 2017 with the title song “Oh NaNa”. What makes KARD special and unique is that they are a co-ed group, with two boys and two girls, which is VERY rare in KPOP. KARD’s music usually has a Caribbean/reggae feel to it and has hard hitting raps and choruses.

Suggested Songs: Oh NaNa, Don’t Recall, and Bomb Bomb

OnlyOneOf
OnlyOneOf is a 6 member group from the label 8D Creative. They debuted on May 28, 2019 with the songs, “Time Leap” and “Savanna”. What makes OnlyOneOf special is they are not afraid to be controversial and take on topics like same sex love and sexuality in their music videos. OnlyOneOf usually makes R&B, dance-pop and Alternative R&B types of music.

Suggested Songs: Libido, Boredeo and Tear of God

GWSN
GWSN, also known as Girls in The Park, is a 7 member multinational girl group under the label The Wave Music. They debuted on September 5, 2018 with the mini album “The Park in The Night”. What makes GWSN special is that they don’t look like your average girl group. While many girl groups are known to be thin and tiny, the girls in GWSN all have different body shapes and unique features. GWSN typically makes upbeat dance music.

Suggested Songs: Starry Night, Like it Hot, and Bazooka

VICTON
Victon is a 7 member boy group under the label Play M Entertainment. They debuted on November 9, 2017 with the mini album, “Voice to the New World”. What makes Victon special is that they are a multi talented group. Many of the members are involved in other projects other than just singing. For example, members Byung Chan and Chan are also actors. Victon are known from their dance pop and Hip Hop music.

Suggested Songs: What I said, Mayday, and Howling

KPOP isn’t a one style fits all music genre, it has many faucets. If you like EDM music there’s group or artist for you. If you like Hip Hop there’s a group for you too. KPOP is like a deep ocean. Once you get your feet wet there is always more to discover beyond what is there. Happy streaming!

Olivia Johnson is an aspiring entertainment/lifestyle journalist from Atlanta, GA. She is a graduate student at Georgia State University majoring in Communication with a concentration in Digital Media Strategies. Olivia has written online content for Society 19, an online art magazine called The Venus and during her time at Columbus State University, The Saber, now called The Uproar. She enjoys writing articles about lifestyle, movies and TV and all things pop culture. She hopes to one day own her own entertainment /lifestyle magazine called Evolve.