Kim Kardashian Robbed in Paris of Millions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Late last Monday night news broke out that reality TV star  Kim Kardashian-West was robbed at gunpoint while in her Paris hotel room. This came as a surprise since she was just in the news only five days earlier for her being attacked by prankster Vitalii Seduik, the same man who attacked Gigi Hadid. Thankfully during that time her bodyguard tackled him as he tried to plant a kiss on Mrs. Kardashian-West’s left buttcheek. The question now remains where was that heroic bodyguard during that fateful Monday night.

Mrs. Kardashian-West was lying in bed when she heard pounding footsteps. She saw a masked man come towards her and  began to dial her bodyguard’s number before her phone was snatched away. She was then forced out of bed at gunpoint then placed in a bathtub where she was gagged and tied up. Kim says she feared that she would be raped.  Her children North West and Saint West were not with her but in New York.The French Interior Ministry has said five men threatened and cuffed  the concierge with a weapon. Then proceeded to force him to open the private apartment. The men appeared to have worn shirts that identified them as police, but also balaclavas and gloves which are not a part of the uniform.

Two men were able to gain entry and once inside they made off with two cellphones, a wallet full of credit cards, and jewelry worth nearly $9 million dollars. Among the jewelry that was stolen was an engagement ring that Kanye gave to Kim estimated to be worth $4.5 million alone.Three of the men fled on a bicycle while the other two left on foot.

During the whole ordeal, Kim’s stylist heard the commotion from downstairs and locked herself in the bathroom and texted the bodyguard. The whole incident took around 6 minutes. Mrs. Kardashian-West’s bodyguard Pascal Duvier showed up just two minutes frightful incident.  

Kim left later that Monday after speaking with police. Word spread quickly soon after the attack. Once Mr. West heard the news he abruptly ended his show at the Meadows Festival in New York after telling the audience that it had been a “family emergency”. Kim was later reunited with her family. Her spokeswoman says “She is badly shaken but unharmed”, and offering no further details. The last week has not been easy for Kim but she has been handling it well.

The GSU chapter of Her Campus