picture of two friends in matching shirts
Original photo by Moya Leung

Joshua Morgan & The Follow Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Joshua Morgan is a senior journalism major here at Georgia State. Since his freshman year, he’s been very involved at GSU. He was in Peerless Perfexion and he was the Tele-counselor and Tour Guide for the Welcome Center. He then became the Vice President for Black Sophomore Society. He’s the Panthers After Dark Director for Spotlight Programs Board. He is also a Fall’18 initiate of the Zeta Mu Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.  But he isn’t your typical college senior. He’s the CEO & founder of a clothing brand, The Follow Up

Original photo by Moya Leung
His brand is the epitome of letting God guide you. He said, “Originally, The Follow up was intended to be a YouTube channel or podcast, but God told me to make it a clothing brand.”

Thrift clothes
Photo by Artificial Photography from Unsplash

He was totally caught off guard, but just listened and trusted God’s word.

He said, “‘The Follow Up’ is for those innovators, entrepreneurs, and outliers willing to chase their dreams.” Simply having dreams isn’t enough, but having the “heart, hunger and resilience to succeed is another.”

The Follow Up is designed to be your #1 accountability partner. When you wear one of The Follow Up’s products, you’re a living representation of what you’ve set out to do.

Juggling school, orgs and a clothing brand isn’t the norm. But Joshua makes it look like it.

The Follow Up motto is “Actions>Words”. The mission statement is “As a company, we believe in acting on our visions to bring manifestation.”

The learning process of being an entrepreneur has brought Joshua the most joy. He’s been able to see what works and what doesn’t.

The best part of being an entrepreneur is at first not seeing yourself as one. He said, “I never imagined myself as an entrepreneur, but the fact that I stepped out of my comfort zone and decided to take the first step opened my eyes to a lot of things.”

In the future, he’s looking to grow a stronger social media influence and community behind his brand. He’s also open to starting a podcast or YouTube channel in the future.

He hopes his clothing brand will soon become a lifestyle brand as well.

Joshua’s advice is to not be afraid to take risks, fail and make yourself uncomfortable. “If you have the mindset that you won’t know until you try, you’ll be more successful than the next man who didn’t try at all.”

To find out more about The Follow Up, check them out on Instagram @thefollowupstore and to keep up with Joshua, follow him on Instagram @joshuabmorgan

Moya Leung is a journalism major with a concentration in public relations and a marketing minor at Georgia State University. Her interests include social media management, fashion, public relations, writing & taking pictures. Her goal is to be a Public Relations Director or Social Media Manager for a major fashion company. If it has to do with fashion, marketing or socializing, she's there. Enjoy some of her writings here and keep up with her on Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus