This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Name: John Franklin

Major: Health Administration

Classification: Junior

Hometown: Niles, Michigan

Relationship Status: Lit

Instagram: @johnnyxfrank

Twitter: @johnxfranklin

Her Campus: What’s your favorite thing about attending a college campus in the heart of the city?

John Franklin: The diversity of your everyday interactions, it’s not really traditional so there’s no type of order in what you may come across that day.

HC: What is something that drives you while you’re pursuing your degree?

JF: The thought of failure. And also what drives me is the men in my past, I couldn’t name more than five men in my family who have been considered successful. I want to be that mentor or successful influence.

HC: What motivates you every day?

JF: My motivation is the thought of improving, like how am I going to better myself today, what can I do differently. And, also hitting that breakthrough. I live to get that call from the job I want and the person I want to intern under, so that motivates me every morning.

HC: What are you currently working on?

JF: So I’m currently working on Who’s Who Atlanta, it’s based on a Christmas Toy Drive. We will be donating our gifts to Uplift Atlanta. It will be held in Buckhead on December 20th. @JustinxAustin and I have been coordinating this event for about 4 months. More details to come!

HC: Who and/or what is your inspiration?

JF: Roses is my first and only tattoo on my arm and it symbolizes my grandmother, my mother and my two aunts, they would have to be my inspiration.

HC: What are you doing outside of taking courses at GSU?

JF: “I’m currently working, I’m apart of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity INC, and event planning is what I’m working on right now. I’m also currently looking for an internship in IT.”

HC: Pi Alpha was just featured on Watch the Yard and called “one of the smoothest chapters in the nation”, how did that make you feel?

JF: “I felt blessed, and it was nice to be noticed for what our chapter has been doing since 85”

HC: What do you hope to see for yourself in the future?

JF: I hope that I can eventually become a loving father, and husband to a loving family with nothing but happiness.

HC: What’s a fun fact about you?

JF: I didn’t have my first kiss until my freshman year in high school.

HC: What do you look for in a significant other?

JF: What I look for in a woman is definitely personality, she has to be able to give and take jokes and understand that I joke a lot and not to take it personally. Definitely have a good head on her shoulders, loyal, not following the crowd and then looks.

HC: What is your favorite quote?

JF: My favorite quote would be “There are two important days in your life, the day you’re born and the day you find out why”.

HC: What makes you who you are?

JF: My faith, and my environment. I’ve had to adapt moving from Michigan, and it really shaped me moving to Atlanta because it’s two different environments.

QUICK TRIVIA  

Favorite artist? Tie between Chris Brown and Drake

Favorite song? Jersey’s – Future

Favorite movie? The Wood

Favorite restaurant in the city? Yeah! Burger

Favorite place on campus? The Library

Hey there! I'm Krystal, the former 2015-2017 President of Her Campus GSU, and an alumna of Georgia State University. You can now catch me on krystalcaliyah.com. Cheers!
The GSU chapter of Her Campus