This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

When I first joined Her Campus, I was shy. I didn’t really know anybody on campus, and applying was entirely out of my comfort zone. I joined Her Campus because I loved the reputation they had. I was semi-aware of who they were, but I thought this was a great opportunity to build my writing skills, get to know people, and build more friendships and connections.

As time went on with Her Campus and me, I have built so much confidence, and my writing skills have significantly increased. Her Campus changed my trajectory, and they changed my passion. Her Campus opened my eyes to all that I’m capable of when it comes to career decisions. They’ve also taught me that stepping out of my comfort zone can gain me great rewards. I’ve learned how to network correctly (I’m still not perfect, but bear with me).

They’ve taught me that just because I have a marketing degree does not mean I have to work specifically in marketing. They’ve taught me that the world is my oyster, and I just felt like Her Campus really embraced me, and they’ve helped me make decisions. They’ve helped me more than my own institution on certain topics. They helped me with my fashion sense, and they helped me learn the best college makeup routine. I’ve even had the opportunity to build connections within Her Campus, specifically with some of their employees. They’ve helped me realize that beauty and fashion would be a dream industry to work in too, but that dream doesn’t have to stay a dream.

They’ve shown me how hard it can be to be a woman in the current working field, but they’ve also taught me how to handle myself accordingly and how not to take no for an answer if I’m passionate about something. And for that, I’m incredibly grateful for Her Campus. If you had told me my freshman year that I would be where I am today, I wouldn’t believe you because I never dreamed of it. As I said before, Her Campus changed my trajectory in college, and they changed my overall confidence level. My overall sense of self, and this has been the greatest experience I’ve ever encountered.

I’ve been able to express myself, be vulnerable with my readers, and get creative with how I want to write particular articles. The other writers here are very supportive, and they’re very helpful. I can’t believe that this will be my last article writing for Her Campus GSU. I couldn’t imagine gaining the experience I’ve gained from here anywhere else.

This organization is one of a kind, and I’m so grateful to have been a part of it. If you are ever thinking about joining Her Campus, I 100% recommend it because I genuinely believe you will not only love it, but you will gain so much from it that will probably impact you for the rest of your life. Thank you, Her Campus, for embracing me, guiding me, and overall showing me what I’m capable of. I’m forever grateful.

Amber is a senior at the J. Mack Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University. She is passionately working towards a Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing. She is a fast learner who enjoys trying new things and analyzing any problem. She is the Social Media Co-Chair for Her Campus GSU and the VP of Advertising for American Marketing Association GSU Chapter. Amber is currently looking for marketing opportunities in social media, tech, and other related fields. In her free time, you can find her either reading, listening to a podcast, or watching Netflix.