This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Six years later and the Jonas Brothers are back! After a hiatus in which the brothers pursued their own personal projects, the band is back with a new album, “Happiness Begins”, that features their hit singles “Sucker” and “Only Human”. 

When the rumors began about the band reuniting, I was absolutely ecstatic. I mean, Nick Jonas was my first ever crush and my 8-year-old self was positive I was going to marry him! It’s obviously a little different now, as all the brothers are now married, and I eventually did grow out of that phase, but nonetheless, the excitement of this new era that was upon us is unexplainable. 

They announced a tour to accompany the new album, and as a Jonas Brothers fan that never got to see the group live as a child, I had to make it up to myself. I went all out and purchased pit tickets and meet and greet for their show in Atlanta – and the day finally happened!

The hours leading up to the meet and greet were nerve-wracking. I was finally going to meet the guys I spent so much of my childhood obsessing over. Before I knew it, I was next in line to meet the guys. I walked in and I was instantly greeted by Kevin with a friendly handshake. Next was Joe, who was dancing to “It’s Gonna Be Me” by *NSYNC, and also greeted me with a handshake and asked how I was doing. And lastly, Nick, who also gave me a handshake and thanked me for coming. We took a picture and I expressed my excitement for the show that night, and they replied with “We’ll see you out there!” 

If anyone has been to an artist meet and greet, you know they’re always extremely rushed, and this one was no different. There were definitely over 100 people in line to meet them, so it was a pretty quick encounter, but I’m so happy with the experience, and it was everything I expected.

Instagram: @jackieehernan

Already on a high from the meet and greet, I arrived to the pit in front of the stage, and there was only one person in between the stage and myself.  I couldn’t believe how close I was! The opening acts were Jordan McGraw and Bebe Rexha, who each had about a 30-minute set.

The atmosphere in the arena was insane, you could just feel everyone’s excitement to see the band. There was an awesome DJ playing some great songs and everybody was loudly screaming along, especially when he played Lizzo’s “Truth Hurts”

The boys finally took the stage at around 9:30 p.m., and they opened up with Rollercoaster, which was fitting, with lyrics such as “it was fun when we were young and now we’re older”. It’s almost as if they’re thanking their fans for sticking around. 

The setlist was incredible. They did a great job of performing their new music, but also threw in a ton of throwbacks, such as “When You Look Me In The Eyes”, “Year 3000”, “Lovebug”, “Burnin’ Up”, and even some songs from the Camp Rock movies. Their energy on stage is indescribable and I loved every minute of the show.

Images by Jackie Hernandez

I had such an incredible day, and it was totally worth the wait. I can’t wait for the next album and tour they share with us. 

They have a few shows left of their Happiness Begins tour, and for anyone in Atlanta, they’ll be back in December, performing at Power 96.1‘s Jingle Ball concert.

I’ll definitely be there,  I’m a “sucker” for these guys!

Jacqueline Hernandez is a bilingual fourth year student at Georgia State University, majoring in journalism. After graduation, her ultimate goal would be to move to Los Angeles or New York City to pursue her career as an entertainment journalist. When she is not busy on schoolwork and catching up on the latest Hollywood gossip, she enjoys traveling, attending live music events, and sharing all of her experiences via social media.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus