This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

On Nov. 8, Americans will make their way to polling places all over the country to cast their vote for the next president of the United States.

To many individuals, voting is seen as being an important duty of being an American. As college students, sometimes it is hard to make it to the polls on elections days. Not only to the polls tend to be busy, but we might find ourselves without free time that day, without the time to head to the polls on Nov. 8. Lucky for us, Nov. 8 is not the only day that you can cast your vote. If you do not want to wait until the official election day to vote, you can participate in early voting.

Early voting dates and times vary for different counties in Georgia, so if you want to participate in early voting, you will have to find out the dates for the county that you are registered in. For example, the early voting dates in Henry county are Oct. 17 – Nov. 4. On any day that your county allows early voting, you will go to an early voting location and cast your vote! Be sure to bring any state or federal government issued photo ID card.

To find out more about early voting, go to the Georgia My Voter Page (https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP/mvp.do). Here, you can login using your personal information and find out early voting dates, times, and location; but also your polling place if you want to vote on Nov. 8 and also more voting-related information.

If there are changes that you want to see made in our country, take voting seriously and remember that there are other elections than just the presidential one. Early voting allows everyone to get a chance to cast their vote and have their voice heard.

I currently work with iHeartMedia in digital content and on-air, and run a lifestyle blog. I am a first-generation college graduate with degrees in journalism and film media from Georgia State University. In college, I served as a production assistant for GSUTV; senior editor, social media coordinator and staff writer at Her Campus Georgia State (an online magazine for college women); Vice President of Communications for the Gamma Sigma chapter of Alpha Omicron Pi; and interned with The Adam Bomb Show (a nationally-syndicated night radio show) and The Bert Show (a nationally-syndicated morning radio show). I also secured a spot at Cox Media Group's Day in the Life program, where I presented a presentation to Cox Media and AJC executives on how to increase the AJC's digital audience. I am a member of the Alpha Omicron Pi Women's Fraternity, Society of Professional Journalists, the National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Order of Omega Honor Society, and the Atlanta Press Club. I also run a lifestyle blog that I started in 2015 where I talk about beauty, college, relationships, health, and just navigating life. You can join my little internet family here: www.amandadalvarado.com
I am junior at Georgia State University, majoring in Journalism with a concentration in Public Relations and a minoring in Marketing. I hold executive positions in two organizations on campus: Director of Public Relations for EmpowHER and Vice President of Her Campus Georgia State Chapter Outside of school, I am Director of Public Relations/Marketing of AREA, Atlanta's Resource for Entertainment and Arts; along with being a part of the professional performing ensemble at AREA. In my free time, I write for my lifestyle blog, As Told By Tay.