samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Kick Off Spring Semester 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Source: Jamie Street

Welcome back to school and Happy New Year! Now that the holidays are over, it’s time to get back on the grind and make some great things happen! But before classes get hectic, here are some things you can do to help your semester run more smoothly.

Source: giphy.com

Declutter! 

Toss any documents, photos, or emails that are not being used in the trash folder. Not only will this open up space for upcoming papers, homework, and projects, it will also make the location of said files tidy and easier to look through. 

Establish a work space! 

Countless studies have proven that working or studying in a clean, organized environment provides better results. Clean your room to make starting the spring semester as stress-free as possible! If you prefer listening to music while studying, create playlists or bookmark some 24/7 music channels on Youtube. A change in layout helps you feel refreshed, so rearranging is a great way to start the new year and semester off! Alter the direction/order of furniture in your room, icons on your computer desktop, and apps on your phone in ways that best fit your lifestyle and whatever changes may come in the first few weeks of 2020.

Source: giphy.com

Take your time.

As classes start, you’ll want to make sure you set aside time for self-care. It’s easy to lose yourself in the rush of getting things done in and outside of school. Little things like making sure you are in a good headspace to do assignments or study goes a long way! Establish some academic goals and stay focused on them throughout the entire semester. Get those A’s, and conquer part two of the school year! You can do this!

Sophomore, Georgia State University. Major: Studio Art
The GSU chapter of Her Campus