This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

The holiday season is finally here and there is no better present than spending quality time with your significant other. However, finding cute date ideas with little money and limited resources due to the pandemic creates a tough situation for spontaneous individuals who are always looking for something new to spice up their relationships. Here is a list of romantic date ideas that all are under $20. 

Holiday Lights and Cocoa 

Grab your matching pajama pants and keys and head to your local QuikTrip to enjoy their delicious premium hot cocoa at an affordable price. You can accompany your steamy drink with holiday lights at Brook Run Park, located at 4770 N. Peachtree Rd. Dunwoody, for free. Or, you can attend Holiday Lights of Hope at  Hobgood Park, located at 6688 Bells Ferry Rd. Woodstock, for $10. Or, Lights of Life at Life University located 1269 Barclay Cir. Marietta, for $10. 

blue bauble ornament on christmas tree
Photo by Aswathy N from Unsplash
Christmas Ornaments Competition 

Everyone loves a friendly competition, so express your creative skills by decorating your very own Christmas ornaments. A DIY kit can be purchased on Amazon, which, a majority of them are under $15. Or, you can purchase one from your local Walmart or Michaels. Either way, this activity will bring the festive spirit in both your home and into your heart. 

Holiday Bake-Off

Having a holiday bake-off with your significant other will produce a variety of tasty desserts. You can keep it classic and build and design gingerbread houses. Or, you can create your own assorted holiday sugar cookies,  designing them personalized for your relationship. Or, you can Santa hat brownies by topping off your batch of brownies with strawberries and whip cream. All of these recipes will have your stomach full and money in your pocket.    

Christmas cookie making
Photo by Kaboompics.com from Pexels
Holiday Movie Marathon 

Finish your holiday bake-off with a movie marathon while enjoying your sweet treats. Be sure to enjoy the classics such as “The Grinch,” “Home Alone,” and “The Polar Express,” but also make time for new Hulu and Netflix holiday originals. An interesting movie to check out on Hulu is the holiday horror, “Pooka” or the family musical “Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey,” on Netflix. 

It’s easy to get caught up in a spending habit during the holiday season. Always remember the time spent together is more important than any materialistic item.

Nia-Simone Sherwood is a journalism major at Georgia State University. Her interest includes playing the guitar, creating funny videos, and writing. Nia-Simone hopes to work with youth who are also interested in journalism and help build their journalistic skills.