Happy Homecoming GSU: Spirit Plaza

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

It’s homecoming week in the city and over at GSU that means plaza days! Specifically, our on campus organization Spotlight put together an annual Spirit Plaza to help celebrate the candidates who are running for the titles of Mr. and Miss Georgia State, Mr. and Miss Blue and White and Mr. and Miss Perimeter. These days are filled with fun, fellowship, campaigning and of course school spirit. Missed out? Check out the fun below!

If you are not familiar with plaza at Georgia State, here is a little background info. Plaza is a day where multiple organizations came out to table their events or sell different goodies in an effort to fundraise for their organizations. Aside from that, these organizations can also get to know their student body as well as network with different people for possible collaborations. These events are overall an exciting experience that brings the GSU students together. Plaza is definitely a heightened event during homecoming because of course, it is homecoming! Who doesn’t love getting to meet their future Mr. and Miss GSU face to face? This is the perfect time to ask questions about their campaign and how they will overall represent our school in future endeavors. 

Excited for the rest of the week? So are we! Don’t forget to use the hashtag #HomeATLast to celebrate this homecoming season and be sure to stay tuned with us and Spotlight to know all about the week’s events, including the block party tonight, from 6:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. October 17 at our brand new stadium! We hope to see you there.

**All photos are property of Her Campus GSU contributing writers Dymond Moore and Karlee Browder**

Cydney Maria (Rhines) is a creative writer, journalist and photographer located in Atlanta, Ga. She is currently a student at Georgia State University studying journalism and english. She coins her brand as something curated beautifully for those who may not feel that beauty. Her main focus is mental health, social issues, digital design and of course the beauty of black girl magic. Her main goal is to constantly write creative content that fills a need. She is currently published accross multiple platforms and looks to continue her current level of work after she graduates from GSU. Check this creative out!