This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! School is winding down, trees are lighting up, and whimsical decorations are appearing at every turn. The holidays are quickly approaching, and they go even quicker, so here are some ideas to make your Christmas 2019 one to remember.

A Christmas Treasure Hunt

A great way to pull guests, friends or family members into the holiday spirit is with a Christmas treasure hunt! Spread the adventure throughout December or play on Christmas Day. The “treasure” can be inexpensive presents, candy, festive toys, or decorations to put on the tree.

Holiday Entertainment

Source: giphy.com

Classic Christmas movies never fail to set the mood. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1939), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966), and A Charlie Brown Christmas(1965) are just a few of the many endearing animated films that bring nostalgia to the holiday season.

Decorating Party

Why buy ornaments, garlands, mistletoe, and wreaths when you can make your own and have fun doing it? Purchase some inexpensive crafting materials, set out some snacks, put on a holiday playlist, and let the party begin!

Source: giphy.com

Thrifting 

There are many benefits to thrifting during the holidays. You can stumble upon gifts, decorations, stocking stuffers, and most importantly, “ugly” Christmas sweaters! Because these things are in high demand this time of year, browse thrift stores throughout the entire year.

Christmas time is special for several reasons. Regardless of whether you are a non-festive person or the neighbor who has their house decorated on Nov. 1, it’s important to remember that the time spent with loved ones is what matters the most. Happy Holidays!

Sophomore, Georgia State University. Major: Studio Art
The GSU chapter of Her Campus