GSU Cheerleaders Win National Title

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

On Sunday, our Georgia State cheerleaders took home their first title as, D1 College Natonal Champions for Cheersport! They competed all weekend in the Georgia World Congress Center defeating Georgia Tech, Virgina Tech, Geulph, and University of West Alabama. Captian Alexis Nwaiwu said, “Literally everyone doubted us and said we wouldn’t win. We went out there and competed against ourselves and that really made the difference. Everybody else came to beat each other, and we came to beat the GSU cheer program. All of the 6 am practices, driving all the way to Newnan just to find gym space was worth it. I’m so thankful God gave us the strength & the courage. So happy!” 

K. Miche' Thomas is a double major Marketing and Managerial Sciences student at Georgia State University. Upon her anticipated graduation in 2018 she plans to attend law school to pursue her dreams of becoming a Trademark & Patent Attorney. In her extra time she enjoys planning event and spending precious time with friends and family.