God Is Within Her, and She Will Not Fail: Publicity Director Taylor Johnson Gets Real About Life & Boys

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

Taylor Johnson ’18

Classification: Sophomore

Major: Marketing

Birthday: April 13, 1996

Sign: Aries

Instagram: @astoldbytay

“…This girl, she is really something else. She is beautiful, talented, smart, and ambitious; but she is also sarcastic and a hot-head. She loves me on my good days, and loves me even harder on my bad days. I’m hooked, and there’s no letting go. ” are the words qouted by none other than Taylor Johnson; and I could not find a reason in the world to disagree with that pronouncement to describe the sophomore. It is no coincidence that whenever she enters a room, it instantly lights up. It’s only a gift that was given to her at birth. (P.S. I also acquired that gift as we recently discovered we are birthday twins, it only makes sense.) Read on to see what the magnificent, intelligent, powerhouse Taylor Johnson has to bring to the table in 2016!

What are your goals for this semester?

Definitely to get all straight A’s, I have to keep HOPE Alive. I really want to continue working on my purpose and being a better person than I was last year.

So what exactly is the purpose that you are working towards?

I think my purpose is to just to help other people become the best version of their selves and their purpose. I love teaching, I teach dance class.

So when did you realize that you had that passion?

No actually, It was in the beginning of 2015 is when I realized I wanted to work on being me and also make sure that other people are happy because I have never been the type of person who wants everything all for me. And over the summer, things started become more clear.

Did you go through some kind of obstacle that made you realize you wanted to make a change?

Yeah, actually. I broke up with my boyfriend of 3 years and after that ended I had to do a life check after and revamp my life. I had to step back and ask myself “Taylor, what is it that you want out of your life?” and I just started figuring out how to make myself happy instead of depending on someone else. I tell people that my breakup was the best thing that happened to me.

After that whole debacle, what would you want to tell your younger self or anyone out there about going into relationships and love in general?

You have to love and know who you are and a sense of what you can bring to the table. You have to continue to know that at the end of the day, you are left with you. It’s best to know when to walk in and walk out and be okay walking out.

Okay, that’s a nice way of putting it. What do you bring to the table? More so, what are the qualities that make you Taylor Johnson?

I would say that I’m a very loving person; self love and love for other people. Pure, unconditional love that has no boundaries makes everything possible. And I also have the special gift of seeing the best in people. 

Who inspires you to be the best?

Besides my beautiful mother, my older sister has really helped shape who I am. She is the single person who really knows my potential and so she has always pushed me very hard achieve my best and she always helps me get it together.

That is so sweet, how old is she?

She is 22 and just graduated from Valdosta. I love that girl, she is really great.

In 10 years, where do you see yourself Taylor?

I’ve had this planned out for the longest. I want to be married and have started my family, but I’ll leave that up to the Lord to handle. I want to start a nonprofit that provide arts education for schools in low income  school and be the CEO of my own PR Firm.

Finally, what should people be excited about this upcoming semester from Her Campus GSU?

People should be excited about the tricks we have up our sleeves. Pink Week Spring 2015 was when we learned all of the kinks and we worked it out and so this upcoming one should be amazing. Also, as Publicity Director, I’m really excited about how we are going to be branding our name and getting it out to Georgia State as a household name. 

Favorite Artist:  Kehlani

Favorite Concert:  Kehlani

Cat or Dog: Dog

Zimbabwean-American Journalism major at Georgia State University. Audrey Hepburn and pink enthusiast who's constantly dreaming of Breakfast at Bergdorfs. She lives in Atlanta with New York on her mind.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus